Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals
I'm looking for a place to service my 2017 R1M In the South Bay Area or Orange County. I was using Attack Performance, but since they became team Yamaha they aren’t servicing regular guys like myself. I’m not interested in any dealers and am very picky who services my bike. I just hit 20,000 and would rather get it done before the 26,000 recommended time. Thanks in advance!

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,060 Posts
Hey Guys/Gals
I'm looking for a place to service my 2017 R1M In the South Bay Area or Orange County. I was using Attack Performance, but since they became team Yamaha they aren’t servicing regular guys like myself. I’m not interested in any dealers and am very picky who services my bike. I just hit 20,000 and would rather get it done before the 26,000 recommended time. Thanks in advance!
So Attack no longer provides service? That's where I've gone, even for tire changes but it's been a while.
I know it's farther than you wanted to go but you could try Motorsport Exotica, they continue to build a pretty good reputation. Small shop but seem to know their stuff. I had the chain and sprockets for my R6 done by them, clean work. They have also been recommended by others that I trust.

BTW, I live a mile from the Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach, I wouldn't take my bike there if it broke down in their driveway.

·
Just Me.
544 Posts

BTW, I live a mile from the Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach, I wouldn't take my bike there if it broke down in their driveway.
Damn. :ROFLMAO:

I almost bought a brand new motorcycle from them.

·
Just Me.
544 Posts
Try Moto Tecnica in Los Angeles. A short lil' drive/ride, but worth the 20 minute ride up there for service.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So Attack no longer provides service? That's where I've gone, even for tire changes but it's been a while.
I know it's farther than you wanted to go but you could try Motorsport Exotica, they continue to build a pretty good reputation. Small shop but seem to know their stuff. I had the chain and sprockets for my R6 done by them, clean work. They have also been recommended by others that I trust.

yes it’s unfortunate for us that used Attack and Jozef.

I bought a bike only from Delamo

exotica was 50% more than attack. Cockiness was free

·
Just Me.
544 Posts
Thanks
Have you used them personally?
Yeah, a few times for stuff I couldn't do because of lacking resources at the time. Whenever I had some extra cash that was going toward the bike and riding stuff, I would try to spend it there.

The owner is really cool, down to Earth, knows his sh!t, very honest in my personal opinion, and he used to race.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, your op said bay, so I told him bay, so he told me MotoGuild. He works for a tour company out at a way and has picked up bikes there before. Said it's pretty legit.
South bay in so cal is Torrance area.
Thanks though

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, a few times for stuff I couldn't do because of lacking resources at the time. Whenever I had some extra cash that was going toward the bike and riding stuff, I would try to spend it there.

The owner is really cool, down to Earth, knows his sh!t, very honest in my personal opinion, and he used to race.
That’s good info . I’ll give them a call

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/shrug

Sorry I wasn't more help, just figured I'd ask a buddy on your behalf and post back. Glad straight came in for the save. He seems like a solid dude.
Nah man no worries brother. The motorcycle industry is so jacked up that we need each other to take care of our baby’s

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Nah man no worries brother. The motorcycle industry is so jacked up that we need each other to take care of our baby’s
Them teaching a valve adjustment class for 300 and change might make it worth the drive. And you know what they say about leading a horse to fish or whatever.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I talked to Polo at Moto Tecnica. Sounds like a good dude.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts