Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kneedragger77 and I are planning on hitting southern Indiana for what could be the last ride of the year on Saturday, October 25th.

Wanna come along?

The weather looks good at this point, but we'll keep an eye on it and adapt accordingly.

Eric

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! I'll keep you posted, but as of now, we're planning on leaving Indy around 9:00 AM or so - depends on teh temperature and where Kneedragger is going to be trailering to. He may trailer to Indy or just meet us someplace.

More info to follow...

Eric

·
Banned
155 Posts
Earache - Sorry you missed that last KY ride!! Remember to check in with us still on the FZ1 board...

There are some og us running down to the gap that Saturday night, coming back Sunday night if you're interested!

·
Banned
155 Posts
Lawnboy - I live in Harrodsburg, KY - there are some guys meeting at my place Saturday evening, and we're trailering bikes and riding in comfort to the Gap (about 4 hours) We'll be staying at Fontana village (fontanavillage.com) the Inn rooms are $50 a night, so $25 each.
We'll ride the gap and area roads Sunday, and trailer back Sunday night to my house were everyone will head home..

Weather is looking good, and it looks like the number of cycles has started to dwindle - should be a good riding day!

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lawnboy said:
:yesnod If weather permits, i would be down. Let me know where ya guys plan on meeting.
Will do. Watch this space.

What part of Ohio would you be coming from? Kneedragger is in Cincinnati.

·
2 beers for breakfast...
141 Posts
I would be comming from Canton. But, I was under the impression we would be hitting up southern IN. Sounds good tho, now i am on a mission to get some new tires. Don't think the ones i have on now can handle the gap. I was there a few years ago on the 600R, imagine it will be a bit different on the One. I will let you know for sure if i can get some bridgestones on by the end of the week, shouldn't be a problem...

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PJFZ1 said:
Lawnboy, Earache - I think I got the thread confused.,. I think Lawnboy is talking about our gap run, and Earache isn't?
I'm always confused - yeah, I was talking about just riding southern Indiana.

I was at the Gap this past weekend, not too many leaves down yet, but there's more everyday. Be careful!

·
2 beers for breakfast...
141 Posts
I was confused as well. Thought the plans were changed from IN to the gap. But we are talking 2 different trips here, Saturday in IN and Sunday the gap. Hmmm, so, what time are you guys planning on leaving saturday night? It would take me 3 1/2 hours to drive to KY from IN. I could rip around IN saturday and drive down to KY if the timing works out. But i am definitely in for IN. Shwoo...

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
Earache said:

I was at the Gap this past weekend, not too many leaves down yet, but there's more everyday. Be careful!
Wow , you went to the Gap without inviting the crew , or was it just me you left out . Maybe I was to slow for you !?! :cryin :lol I would love to make it with you guys , I really hope to meet KD77 one day ! :D

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BKR1 said:
Wow , you went to the Gap without inviting the crew , or was it just me you left out . Maybe I was to slow for you !?! :cryin :lol
I had to go to a wedding in Maggie Valley, NC so I didn't have too much time to ride. Rode down there on the ST1100 with my wife. We left Indy on Thursday night and rode the Gap on Friday and then headed east after that. So I only rode the Gap and Cherohala twice on Friday and that was it.

Nevertheless, you couldn't have kept up with the all mighty, all powerful and all conquering ST anyway:D

Eric

·
My R1 eats my bank account
704 Posts
Hiya Earache!
Did you ever get the mags I sent you?
Sorry to thread jack.

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vai R1 said:
Hiya Earache!
Did you ever get the mags I sent you?
Sorry to thread jack.
I lost your email addy - sorry about that.

Yup, got'em. Thanks!

Funny, on the cover of Road Rider was a BMW GS1100 Adventurer. My buddy from Australia that lives here in Indy just got one the same week the magazine arrived. Too weird! He was saying some shit about how all Oz riders are super smnart and it only makes sense that they'd put the best bike made on the cover of their magazine:confused:

Anyway, thanks so much for them. Need any USA mags in return?

Eric

1 - 20 of 32 Posts