Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NO fat ChIcKs
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some Lockhart Phillips mirrors which have a built in LED for turn signals. I detached the stock signals and simply connected the wires, but all that happens when I turn on the Left or Right Signal are Hazard Lights(both flashing at the same time).

Anybody got a clue ????:dunno

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
Its sound strange that both sides flash. Is it normal flash rate? Front and back? I know if you change out your bulbs to LED's you will need a new flasher relay.:fact When I did mine, they stayed lit and never flashed. But not both sides at once.:eek: Try plugging in the old ones to see if they operate the right way. Then go from there. You can try to pu in line the old signals and the new LED's to see if that works also, basically it wil show more resistance with the stock bulbs present too.:fact

·
NO fat ChIcKs
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick responce BLUE. The blinking is real fast and I just notice that now my tail light integrator is not working. Now I got no signals just my arms and legs :cryin

·
Boobs r cool
108 Posts
2002murder1 said:
I got some Lockhart Phillips mirrors which have a built in LED for turn signals. I detached the stock signals and simply connected the wires, but all that happens when I turn on the Left or Right Signal are Hazard Lights(both flashing at the same time).

Anybody got a clue ????:dunno
Hey...went to LP and couldnt find the mirrors....where did u find them at?????:confused:

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
I keep reading about changing to the integrator and using led's. It causes this without a new (upgraded flasher relay) I getting ready to do mine also. Can someone post what/where to get this relay?

·
2,467 Posts
2002murder1 said:
Thanks for the quick responce BLUE. The blinking is real fast and I just notice that now my tail light integrator is not working. Now I got no signals just my arms and legs :cryin
The intergrator is not working also because of the wrong resistance also. :fact You can solve the problem by getting a Libertek F1 relay flasher like I did. It is fully controlable for desired flash rate.:thumbup Libertek is one of the sponcers of this site

<------------------------------Look to your left.

·
2,467 Posts
Here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
thanks. I'll pick one of those up also. I think you saved me some frustration

·
2,467 Posts
over_dose said:
thanks. I'll pick one of those up also. I think you saved me some frustration
Very easy to install also.:thumbup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have the exact same problem, do you know what the cause was and how you fixed it? I have not fitted anything and it just started happening today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts