Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Akro Y PIPE Soundclip/PICS

Let me tell you, well worth 189 bucks....i had the GYTRs already, the Y pipe is light as a feather, maybe a pound or two at the most, feels lighter than that, the cat is heavy and restrictive....went for a ride, the heat is a non existent issue anymore(even though it was like 35-forty degrees:sneaky ) and I took it for a ride....

I wasn't expecting a power difference, but man, I have no PC, and I plugged back the 02 sensor....the bike runs like a bat outta hell now, and sounds like it should....deeper and louder....but the throttle response and the engine revving up way faster is a big improvement over stock....

The only slight problem was the GYTRs don't fit so snugly on the Akra Y pipe, but good enough, slight, slight leak, but nothing to worry about...

I also have the galfer brake lines waiting to be installed

Here's some pics and a video....I definitely don't miss my gixxer 1000 anymore now:epimp

VIDEO::bow

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/madshady725/?action=view&current=Picture090-1.flv

·
Hook'em Horns
2,825 Posts
Glad to hear it runs well without a Power Commander. I'm going to get one also(y-pipe), but can't afford the PCIII at the moment. Seems to me that the bike's PC will read the O2 sensor and automatically adjust the A/F mixture to the correct ratio. So how important is a custom map on 07?

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't get me wrong, the PCIII is usually the way to go(definitely needed with full exhaust when changing headers/air filter)...but I am considering the GEN. III Fastcard, but it runs great for now, and the 02 sensor does help without having a PCIII, but works against it if you have the PCIII hooked up, so I believe you have to disconnect the o2 sensor with the PCIII...

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
nice. looks a little funny without the heat shield.

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts
Put the heat-shield back on, your legs gonna fry... If you dont like the look of the stock piece either paint it blue to match, or get a carbon heat-shield... Or else get an Akra Y-pipe to tidy it up, and it lets more heat "flow" thru the exhaust so it doesnt build up at the cat (right by your leg)...

And take pics in the day foo...! :crash

My .02
:sneaky Told ya so... Looks great...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.