Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I should be riding
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on a different posting that some of you may pay $5000 a year for insurance.
Is this true?!!?!?!

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
was paying 150 month for a 96 katana, now 35 for a 2k1 r6

·
I should be riding
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what gets me.
If you are paying $5000 a year, that a brand new R1 every 2 years!

How can insurance companies ask for $5000 a year coverage on a $10000 bike? (Rounding out the numbers)

·
I should be riding
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dolberry said:
the cost on any sport bike is crazy.:boom
I would not pay nor ride a sports bike if that was the price.
I understand the need for insurance, but talk about robbing people.

·
Registered
402 Posts
hey

:mad:
I have a 04 R1 and live in NB Canada
insured my R1
this is the priced they quote me
Liability coverage for 1 million this covers your passenger{if someone brave enought to get on a 180hp bike}

Fire and theft
and my own damage if I am dumb enough to drop it every turn

1 million liability=780
Fire and thef =1400
my own damage=1300
Total =$3480

Now thats mental
I can only ride 6 months a year. And if I cancel them I dont get the balance. Asshole here are from march to october!

Inssurance :boom :boom :boom

·
Conjugal Visitor
363 Posts
Progressive quoted me $2,800 and Gieko was $2,600. State Farm was $550 a year. The catch to state farm was that I had to insure everything with them and they were $500 a year higher on my auto insurance. Looks like I am just going to stay with Allstate...they will cover it for $960 a year and I can suspend it during the winter for added cost savings.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Many Insurance Co's will not even insure sportbikes.. living in Alberta, $800.00/yr for my 04 R1 and only $235.00/yr for my 03 Honda 600RR.. My broker claims Fire and Theft is trhe kicker for the R1.. I guess thats the price we pay for an Adrenaline Rush:blush :rant

·
Booya
34,561 Posts
240 a year for my R1 through Farm Bureau...Progressive wanted 4k from me. FB needs my house, car and bike though...but even with my car and bike...it's still less than progressive's car alone. And i'm only 23 with a couple speeding tickets. I know a guy that pays just over 4k for his 954...damn thing only cost him like 8,500 to buy. Why the hell even insure it.

·
WahWahWeeWAH
2,405 Posts
well i think i may have you all beat. called to switch insurance on a 00 R1 and this is what i was quoted:

just liability coverage (NO theft, NO collision, NO fire, etc.)

$7000/year.

beat that. :bs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts