Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
The Boss
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have State Farm for everything - home, cars, motorcycles, etc.

Bought the 2015 R1 and called to add it to the plan and they can't seem to 'find' the R1 in the system. Under Yamaha it lists a lot of things but no YZF-R1, YZFR1, or R1.

I thought ok that's strange - and gave them the VIN - and nothing comes up. Gave them the VIN of another '15 R1 - same thing.

So they said they were just going to base my quote off of what a 2014 R1 would cost to insure if it were a 2015.... WTF? I mean the 2015 has some newer features - I don't know but I would think it would impact the quote?

I'm just a bit baffled that this bike has been out for as long as it has and State Farm doesn't have it in their database... Surely I'm not the first person with State Farm to purchase this motorcycle?

I called Progressive and they wanted something like $900/month to insure the bike... LOL.

I'm 29 almost 30 with a perfectly clean record - I just really don't understand what is going on with insurance on this bike. I have full coverage on my 07' GSX-R 600 and it costs me ~$100/month if memory serves me [ridiculous, imho].

·
I am lost
848 Posts
So... I have State Farm for everything - home, cars, motorcycles, etc.

Bought the 2015 R1 and called to add it to the plan and they can't seem to 'find' the R1 in the system. Under Yamaha it lists a lot of things but no YZF-R1, YZFR1, or R1.

I thought ok that's strange - and gave them the VIN - and nothing comes up. Gave them the VIN of another '15 R1 - same thing.

So they said they were just going to base my quote off of what a 2014 R1 would cost to insure if it were a 2015.... WTF? I mean the 2015 has some newer features - I don't know but I would think it would impact the quote?

I'm just a bit baffled that this bike has been out for as long as it has and State Farm doesn't have it in their database... Surely I'm not the first person with State Farm to purchase this motorcycle?

I called Progressive and they wanted something like $900/month to insure the bike... LOL.

I'm 29 almost 30 with a perfectly clean record - I just really don't understand what is going on with insurance on this bike. I have full coverage on my 07' GSX-R 600 and it costs me ~$100/month if memory serves me [ridiculous, imho].
I had the same problem when I insured my bike but then nation wide got it right but I'm paying an arm and leg. I'm going to call State Farm this weekend and see what they can do

·
Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
I have AAA for all my cars and bike and hands down the best prices and service!! I went down/taken out hard two years ago on the 405 South here in LA and they took care of everything and took care of me without question or hardship!! So for me that's the only Co. i will do business with!! When i got my 2015 they had no problem finding a R1 in the system and insured it in minutes over the phone.. I guess it is the Auto Club and not just a Insurance Co. looking for money. My two cents :thumbup

Reactions: motomike25

·
I am lost
848 Posts
Does State Farm cover track incidents

·
I am lost
848 Posts
if you crash at the track load the bike up in the truck drive to a good corner on the street and push it out. Then call in the accident lol :)
Yeah that's what people keep telling me. But I really don't want to meet bubba and I like the way my a$$ now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Switched to State Farm for the M and they went off the 22k purchase price. Definitely the best rate available at $2,300/yr.

I'm 37, clean record, 850 insurance score.

Kinda funny when you consider I'm paying $800/yr full coverage on a 65k dollar vehicle.

Look forward to the 5 year mark when rates drop pretty nicely. It's the first five years from new that are pretty outlandish.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.