Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to let everyone know I went to get an insurance quote on a 03 r1. progressive wouldn't even insure it so i go to state farm and they tell me that there rates are based soley on cc's not the fact that it is a sportbike. they gave me a quote of 32.77 a month for basic liability $100,000 medical and $500 deductables. I have 2 speeding tickets and two accidents in my car and i am only 21. i thought this was pretty cheap since on my f4i i am paying 99.51 a month for basic liability and $1000 deductables through american family

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
This post is BS....

24= $3200 a year w/ state farm, full coverage

25= $400 a year w/ state farm, full coverage

25 and married, (Next Sept)= $160 a year w/ state farm full coverage

excatly why I waited till I was 25 to get the one...

I have not had a wreck or ticket in 8 years, and I also have my Homeowners and Life Insurance and EVERYTHING else thru State Farm.

No-One that is 21 is going to get insurance for 32 Bucks a month, even if it is just Liability.....

The only thing valid about this post is that State Farm uses CC and not clasification of bikes to rate ins.

Buy the way, my Fiance is a State Farm agent, and I just called her and gave her your information and she said it would be 1200 a month for you, in Kansas City, 1500 a year in Cali and 1400 a year in Florida.

EDIT:

I didn't even tell her about your accidents......I just re-read your post and saw that part.

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
skinnyR! said:
Im 21, pay 25 a month for just Liability.....:fact

Wait a sec....aren't you the dude that got his bike jacked from him a gun point or something. And the guy robbed a bank, and all his money was flying out of his pockets and he tried to get away "I have a visual of that" And then the FBI showed up or some other bullsheet? And it had like frame damage or something when you payed for it, but did not see it? And now the cops have it?

Guess you should of had full coverage? :finger

PS: When ever I robbed the banks on GTA Vice City...I never used the motorcycle as a get-away vehicle.

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
yep, thats me.:hellobye

I go to school full time, can't afford the full coverage. In hind sight, I should have had the full coverage on my first R1, then I wouldnt have had to go out and finance a second one. I could have afforded it at that time. :cryin

I now have an 03 r1 with payments, so I just have liability, but I lock it to a tree whenever possible.

I finance under 10000, so i dont need full coverage.;)

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
skinnyR! said:

I now have an 03 r1 with payments, so I just have liability, but I lock it to a tree whenever possible.

I finance under 10000, so i dont need full coverage.;)
Unless you own your own bank, every bank requires full coverage on any vehicle financed, regardless of the price financed. Unless you are using a CD or someother cash or payed off asset as the collateral on the Note.

Come on dude, your whole story is BS.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
23 yrs old...$1700 / year State Farm full coverage.....BUT....not until march when my record is clear of an accident I had where I got t-boned.

Progressive....$1800 / year full coverage

guess it depends on your location and different agents too as I got 2 different prices from State Farm before I was quoted the $1700 :confused:

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
skinnyR! said:
Its a yamaha credit card. Go to the dealer and ask them yourself if you dont believe me.

Just called my Dealer...

Even if it is on a Yamaha CC it is required to have Full Coverage UNLESS it is considered a Dirt Bike, and an R1 is not...

What else you got???? :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
extrakt0r said:
This post is BS....

24= $3200 a year w/ state farm, full coverage

25= $400 a year w/ state farm, full coverage

25 and married, (Next Sept)= $160 a year w/ state farm full coverage

excatly why I waited till I was 25 to get the one...

I have not had a wreck or ticket in 8 years, and I also have my Homeowners and Life Insurance and EVERYTHING else thru State Farm.

No-One that is 21 is going to get insurance for 32 Bucks a month, even if it is just Liability.....

The only thing valid about this post is that State Farm uses CC and not clasification of bikes to rate ins.

Buy the way, my Fiance is a State Farm agent, and I just called her and gave her your information and she said it would be 1200 a month for you, in Kansas City, 1500 a year in Cali and 1400 a year in Florida.

EDIT:

I didn't even tell her about your accidents......I just re-read your post and saw that part.
**** you!!! I was just tring to be helpful. yes insurance would be higher in those states, but I am in milwaukee dumb ****

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a 96 f3 in '97, was 18 just out of high school and was quoted somethin like15k a yr for full, got liability for around $400 a yr. I am waiting for some tickets to drop off and I turn 25 soon then Hopefully I can afford the ins. on the '04.

·
Layer-3
1,962 Posts
skinnyR! said:
Like I said, under 10,000 you dont need full coverage.:p

Maybe you can show me on the screen cap where it says full coverage is optional.

i spoke with my dealer, as you suggested.....full coverage is reguired on all Road Bikes that are fininced by yamaha cc. Unless it is a dirt bike.

end of discussion

:finger

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
I'm paying less than $600 a year thru state farm.
But they do require you to have had your M1 license for at least 9 years and a clear record.:fact :scared :fire :cryin

·
Eat me!
120 Posts
Thought I'd share. I'm an 03 R6 owner with Full coverage. My understanding too is that if it is under $10g's you don't need full coverage. My insurance through State farm is $50 a month for full but I have my Jeep covered also. I'm 24, no tix within 3 years. This topic is all over R6 message net with the same answer of no full coverage required under 10g's.

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
extrakt0r said:
Maybe you can show me on the screen cap where it says full coverage is optional.

i spoke with my dealer, as you suggested.....full coverage is reguired on all Road Bikes that are fininced by yamaha cc. Unless it is a dirt bike.

end of discussion

:finger
I think that my low ass payments would show that there is no way in hell that I could afford full coverage, of any sort. I still owe 9600, and I bought it for 9900. So, if we did some math here.....

Im a college student, I financed an 03 R1, and have liability insurance only. What is so hard to believe about that? Maybe your dealer is different then mine. Believe what you want, I guess.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts