Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 25 and live in Northern Va. can anyone recommend a good insurance company? im finding most wont because i dont have any other vehicles insured with them. Sorry if this thread has been discussed, i searched and didnt find an answer.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
High2diGrade said:
I am 25 and live in Northern Va. can anyone recommend a good insurance company? im finding most wont because i dont have any other vehicles insured with them. Sorry if this thread has been discussed, i searched and didnt find an answer.
Search again. There are about 300 posts on this subject.

I'm with State Farm, 32, married, home owner, clean record, multi-car/bike discount. $24/month full coverage 100/300 $250 deduct..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R1 superstar thanks for the post count and links to posts i already read(like i mentioned in my post). I had called state farm earlier this week as well as others. thats why i made my post.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
:corn It may be worth making the switch to State Farm for all
your insurance needs like homeowners and auto/bike. I'm with
them and have a very good rate, plus I live in Florida. Welcome
to the forum.:p

·
Bone Stock....for now....
460 Posts
I did the complete switch over......car, bikes, renters/single, 35.......355.00 a year for the '03 R1 with State Farm.

·
Registered
446 Posts
26 and have all cars, bikes, ect... under State Farm...

Was $321 per/year for my 02 R1 full coverage..

$314 per/year 04 R1

Now I just need the bike to come in...

·
Registered
169 Posts
State Farm will insure even without another vehicle. The will just raise the rate a little. Just signed up for policy with them a couple of weeks ago. No other vehicle except the R1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uajeff, thats weird. i guess ill keep trying until they say yes. Im wondering if its this part of the country or what because off the top the agent said no.

·
Bone Stock....for now....
460 Posts
I live in Indiana and lets just say State Farm didn't refuse to insure only my R1 they just let me know it would be "substantially" more to ensure it without my automobile.....I could have probably left the other bike and left my renters insurance alone but figured while I was at it I would just switch them all over to save myself some hassle and maybe a few xtra $$.....and I do mean few.:)

·
Can i bum $1
883 Posts
Sounds like I'm calling State Farm tomorrow.

·
Registered
169 Posts
djetch, High2diGrade -
Just for reference, I have bodily injury/property: $25K/person, $50k/accident. $25K liability, with $500 deductible on both comprehensive & collision. State Farm's quote was $890 annual

Obviously, rates will vary by region, but hopefully this will be a good guidline of what to expect from them. Probably higher than some pay, but relative to Progressive's rates - a bargain for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok i called state farm again and got the same replies each time, do you have insurance with us already? no, Im sorry we cant help you unless you have another automobile insured. I asked if she had any recommendations, she said a company i believe was called marshall. they quoted me 3,600.00 a year for full coverage. to explain my situation, my car is already insured through my work. any other ideas?

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
High2diGrade said:
ok i called state farm again and got the same replies each time, do you have insurance with us already? no, Im sorry we cant help you unless you have another automobile insured. I asked if she had any recommendations, she said a company i believe was called marshall. they quoted me 3,600.00 a year for full coverage. to explain my situation, my car is already insured through my work. any other ideas?
Each State Farm agent is different. Call more agents and not just that one. Because I know for a fact that they will insure your motorcycle without another policy. You'll get a better deal with a car though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts