Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone
This is an urgent question.
I recently installed the carbon air duct and fairing stay which eliminates the flapper from the air duct.
There is a place in the airduct where i am supposed to drill and install the intake air tempreture sensor.
However i did not drill or install it i just tied it with the other cables under the fairing.
Does this affect tuning in anyway?
I have just done a dyno tune yesturday and dont know if this will affect the tuning for air fuel ratio and other stuff.
Plus i have tuned before and got the checkengine light which disappeared after a few minutes of riding. This time the check engine light did not go even after riding the bike for 80km approx.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I keep mine the same way you do. It can be deactivated in the flash software if you want.

I don't get any error codes from having it like that. You'll get a code for it if you unplug it without deactivating it first.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
you CAN tune without it yes, but if you tune on a hot day then take it out on a cold on you will be a bit lean. or run a bit lean in the morning and then even out later as the day warms up at the track. running an autotune would fix this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts