Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello mates!i have an R1 06..
id like to take one of these but i need some help from you all

first of all i want an integrated tail light that is simple bolt on,its same appearance with the stock one and the extra part would be only the yellow turn lights.

i found some int. taillghts that say:
32 Ultra Bright Red LEDs for running and brake lights. --i agree
32 Ultra Bright Yellow LEDs for turn signals. --i agree

dont agree:
Custom LED Brake Alert! ---dont agree!!!!!!!
Brake Alert automatically provides three quick pulses of light the instant the brakes are applied. This alerts motorists the instant you apply the brakes - possibly saving seconds of reaction time for non alert motorists!

Custom LED Strobe Mode! ---dont agree!!!
Strobe Mode is a feature that puts the taillight into a devastating strobe cycle that is sure to get anyone's attention. This mode produces insanely bright pulses of light at ultra high frequencies, in alternating patterns across the tail light. Strobe mode is engaged by grounding a control wire, and can be engaged at any time and overrides all other functions.

so any info would be great!
i just want a taillight same as my stock,but with turn signals!no brake alert and bullshits...so simple!

· My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
Clear Alternatives...that's what I run on my '06 Raven. Basic plug-n-play setup, and works fine.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

· My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
you are talking about
http://clearalternatives.com/Mercha...=CA&Product_Code=CTL-0071-IT&Category_Code=R1

you bought the clear lens color and its same appearance to the stock?
how did you took care the blink rate?you also bought the electronic flasher?
direct bolt on?
it has 3 wires out of it?
how much?

thanx a lot! :)

what about this:what ya think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-06-YAMAHA-YZF-R1-Singal-Turn-LED-tail-light-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35598QQihZ009QQitemZ190188962703QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Yeah bro...that's the one I have (clear lens). I don't have the flasher box...it wasn't offered at the time. It came with the resisters to slow the blink rate, but I chose not to use them. It is a very easy install, & they provide a nice set of instructions & everything ya need.

That unit from Ebay looks good too....basically the same thing as the CA from what I can tell offhand.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i mailed them and they told me some of the stuff i need to know
i ll buy it from them 99%

i asked them if it has a certificate of SAE/DOT approved? (i will not be pulled over for having these lights installed)
they told me:meets or exceeds dot regulations

1)did you take some kind of certificate from them?cause if a policeman pull me over for that,i must show him a certificate.i cant only talk to him!

2)also can you tell me what you did to slow down the blink rate?
cause you didnt use flasher box,neither resistors

· catch me if u can
177 Posts
ive got 1 on my bike but had to go bac to norm led blinkers ,due to the fact is when i used to brake the leds where so bright u couldnt see the turn signals,,, even worst in the day,, ,,,i came close to being hit up the ass a few times so went bac to old style blinkers,,but i must admit they look good,,

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok adaptiv
i mailed them and im gonna buy it

i want to ask you 2 things:

1)can you tell me what you did to slow down the blink rate?

2)i asked the if it has a certificate of SAE/DOT approved? (i will not be pulled over for having these lights installed)
they said:meets or exceeds dot regulations

did it came to you with this certificate?cause if a policeman pull me over for that i have to show him a certificate.i cant only talk to him!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive got 1 on my bike but had to go bac to norm led blinkers ,due to the fact is when i used to brake the leds where so bright u couldnt see the turn signals,,, even worst in the day,, ,,,i came close to being hit up the ass a few times so went bac to old style blinkers,,but i must admit they look good,,
oh shit! so bright?
hmmm....
maybe the solution to this problem is to hit the blinkers before the braking
for a few seconds

adaptiv tell me also about this mate!!!you have also the samw problem with toneytone?

· [VET HNTR] Can Haz Teh Win?
2008 YZF-R1
756 Posts
who uses turn signals?
I do! IMO it's the safer thing to do. I'm not trying to give drivers a reason to hit my ass at night when they can't see me in their blind spot.

I've got to throw some pictures up, but I have the Shock Racing setup on my R1. Shock Racing Fender Eliminator and Shock Racing Turn Indicators.

· My R1 excites me...
267 Posts
ok adaptiv
i mailed them and im gonna buy it

i want to ask you 2 things:

1)can you tell me what you did to slow down the blink rate?

2)i asked the if it has a certificate of SAE/DOT approved? (i will not be pulled over for having these lights installed)
they said:meets or exceeds dot regulations

did it came to you with this certificate?cause if a policeman pull me over for that i have to show him a certificate.i cant only talk to him!
1. I didn't use the resistors, therefore I didn't slow the blink rate down at all. I don't mind them blinking a bit fast...gets people's attention.

2. I've been stopped a few times, no problem with the integrated tailight & the police. It is true though, some states over here have different requirements for signals & such. As for the certificate, no, they didn't provide one. I agree that it exceeds D.O.T. standards because the stock tailight only uses 12 led's, and this one uses like 50 or so!

3. No, I don't have any trouble with it being too bright, or signal led's not being visible at night or during the day.
:thumbup

· catch me if u can
177 Posts
hello there m8 ijust got some led resistors on the bac turn sigals,,its slowed them down a treat but not my hazard switch isnt working right and when i turn it on its cancels out my winkers,,lol not good,,,

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. I didn't use the resistors, therefore I didn't slow the blink rate down at all. I don't mind them blinking a bit fast...gets people's attention.

2. I've been stopped a few times, no problem with the integrated tailight & the police. It is true though, some states over here have different requirements for signals & such. As for the certificate, no, they didn't provide one. I agree that it exceeds D.O.T. standards because the stock tailight only uses 12 led's, and this one uses like 50 or so!

3. No, I don't have any trouble with it being too bright, or signal led's not being visible at night or during the day.
:thumbup
adaptiv thanx a lot my friend for you replies!you are the best!
you helped me a lot and i apreciate that

thay dont reply to me when for second time i asked them about the certificate...so im going to mail them again telling that my mate(you) never recieved a certificate,so im passing it and i only thing about how it will be posted,cause here in greece,if an item posted with fed ex,it will pass customs and then......DOUBLE price!

· Premium Member
8,519 Posts
this all sounds a little confusing, I drilled out my passenger pegs and now that they're back from the powdercoater we're installing turn signal LEDs in 'em

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^so you didnt buy a hole taillight
you bought only the printed circuit that is inside the taillight
and you will replace your stock with this one with a handjob...
here we are talking about a hole already fixed integrated taillight

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.