Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· ...Is just so addicted to R1..
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the bike up on the swingarm stand for the rear tire yesterday - when I got it back on, I started it up and noticed in neutral the tire will still spin up fairly fast - i mean theres very little force behind it and you can stop it with pressure from your hand and theres no problem- but on my older R1 and all my other bikes, the tire never spun up so much in neutral - does yours do this?

· ...Is just so addicted to R1..
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, tranny break in

I tihnk it'll lessen as the gear dogs wear in a bit- no big.

Anyhow - the tire, I ended up replacing it with a Dunlop 207ZR 180/55....I know this is a heated topic about the effects and difference. Quite honestly, the difference between 180 and 190 on the street is very little - on the higway and especially on the track there is a difference...anyone who thinks they're gonna change and see a night/day difference on the street is in for a rude one. Meanwhile, one thing is will say is I specifically like the carcass on the 180 better- its a 180 55 and the corvature is threfore greater - in other words it is more oblong - maybe I'm wrong, but I think it gives more confidence inspiring grip...anyone notice most track guys use 180?

· I am craving sushi.
4,317 Posts
I use the 180 as well, and among other things....it raised the rear of the bike a little, but it's profile give a much quicker turn in on the backroads....drops quick, doesn't roll like my gsxr with a 190.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.