Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:)
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it never fails this happens. as soon as i become a new R1 owner, join a message board, order some aftermarket upgrades, this pattern (as displayed by the image) has been consistent..........

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
It always rains for two weeks after you buy a new bike:confused: :error

·
R-1 Power
24 Posts
EVEN WORSE,YOU COULD BE GETTING SNOW LIKE WE ARE IN THE GREAT STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS,THIS REALLY SUCKS.ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS WARM WEATHER.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Come on ever to Texas it is 74degrees here today:cool:

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
selftc, its going to be :blah for a good part of the week here in KY, I think.
Lets HOPE this is not the beginning of a bitter cold front. Its getting to be that time of year.... :rolleyes:

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
The R1 is waterproof - ride it! You have to take it easy on the break-in anyway, right?

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's true canuck. i have been taking it pretty easy, atleast for starters. compared to previously owned bikes, the R1 is a power house. i'm trying my hardest to show it some respect, atleast until a get a better feel for her....

kathleen, are you from ky also? you sort of hinted earlier, but i wasn't for sure.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Yup. I'm in Louisville, Ky and have been here about 6 years.
It looks like another lovely day here in the Bluegrass state. Cloudy, drizzling and foggy. :rolleyes:

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet... i was in louisville this past weekend visiting a buddy of mine. its good to know there are other R1 riders in KY. i am from owensboro and have seen only a few other R1s in town.

as for the weather, you're right, wet and nasty. but then again, it could be worse..... so far a very mild december.

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Rain

Well, the only real thing you need to worry about is getting a wetsuit. And stay out of hail! Riding a motorcycle when its hailing is like standing 50 yards from a teebox and letting Tiger Woods fire golf balls at you! ****, was I ever in pain after that ride.

The hail is just like him. "I hit that ****er again!"

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Well, selftc, it did clear up some today, so hopefully you got a chance to get out and ride a little. :) Although it wasn't exacly what I would call sunny and clear. :blah
I imagine Owensboro is the exact same thing as here. More Harleys than anything else. I've been out there a couple times, but its been a while.
When riding out in Louisville, watch out for Dixie Hwy!! 2 lanes on each side, really busy highway and people will pull right out in front of you. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts