Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black 08 R1 and I am doing everything black and gold. The bike comes with gold forks, and gold decals stock, so I will be adding the gold Marchesini wheels, I already have gold shorty pazzos, and I want to do a gold gas cap and gold rearsets. The price of rearsets is up there around 500$ (satos). I am honestly only upgrading them so for the color change, to flow with the rest of the parts. I never had any complains with my factory rear sets on my 06. That being said, is it worth it for me to get these or would it be okay to just have my factory rearsets powdercoated. I wouldnt pay for the powdercoat job, it would be free for me.

Ive never seen factory rearsets powdercoated gold, just black... Any pics out there? all comments/advice welcome

·
PUUUURRRRRGGGE!
865 Posts
I personally would opt for the satos simply cuz if you decide to take it to the track you won't be draggin your stock pegs all over... plus they'll look a hell of a lot better :thumbup

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,700 Posts
If you can afford Sato's I say go with them, they look so nice and if you don't like them give them to me beause I can't afford a set right now and I want gold too. :thumbup

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Run a search on powdercoating. I had mine done with good results. Changed them out for gilles rearsets because I was dragging my toes at the track. No problems since until yesterday while doing a school at Laguna Seca on a rented ZX6R.

·
I ride my bike, not look at it
1,223 Posts
If you can do......:dollar

Satos are very nice....look & feel....:yesnod

I love mine......:thumbup

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts
If you get them, I would get the black. The gold rearsets to me look like they are stuck in the middle of no where color wise. What I mean is your gold front wheel will be accented by the forks and vice versa, the lever's too. The rear wheel can be acccented by the chain, or the sprocket. All that is just my opinion but I think they look funny and out of place if there isn't something close color wise to accent them. just my opinion

·
Banned
324 Posts
If you get them, I would get the black. The gold rearsets to me look like they are stuck in the middle of no where color wise. What I mean is your gold front wheel will be accented by the forks and vice versa, the lever's too. The rear wheel can be acccented by the chain, or the sprocket. All that is just my opinion but I think they look funny and out of place if there isn't something close color wise to accent them. just my opinion

I can't believe I'm about to say this but..............:iamwithst :(

The golds are gonna be different colors and it seems to be a little to much IMO. :fact

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Word, im gonna do the black I think. The gold might be a bit much

·
fast
3,614 Posts
I can't believe I'm about to say this but..............:iamwithst :(

The golds are gonna be different colors and it seems to be a little to much IMO. :fact

damn bogie...ur bike is so nice now with gold rim.....!!!!
top!!!!:fork
can u tell me how hard the instal of a&r baffles..??

·
Yellow R1's are faster
387 Posts
do gold. Heres my reason. On your black bike it will blend in nicely, but no one will notice where that 500 was spent. Now put gold, yes the gold satos does not match but nothing really sits that close for anyone, including yourself to notice the difference, plus we are not women. Gold will make your bike stand out and your 500 dollar down the drain will least be noticed and complemented on. Im not sure of the satos for 07-08 r1's due to how the linkages are all outside of the bike and not as clean as 04-06 satos. Are they all going to be like this due to design, not just sato?

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I think it was already stated but try powder coating. A lot cheaper that way if all you want is the looks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.