Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I just paint it w/ some heavy duty engine paint???

how many of you have actually stripped your bike to the bone?

if so what kind of work am I looking at .. I'm not afraid to strip it .. more like how am I going to put it back together and make it run .. the hardest part would probably the brakes

I see you have added my :bs flag :D

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I got my bike apart right now for the most part. I still got the motor in it and most of the wiring harness' hooked up but it would not be that bad to do it. Just label everything you are not sure about. Maybe take some digital pictures.... the brakes are pretty easy.. I would say the forks/triple tree area may be a pain ?

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I had to rebuild a Jaguar motor at work once so I used a video camera and filmed the whole thing so I would know how everything went back together. Jag has some funky **** going on with their motors

·
Registered
777 Posts
everytime I taks apart something and put it back together I always have an extra bolt left over :eek:

I'm REALLY:rolleyes: looking forward to installing my new tail piece in a few weeks!

BS

·
Registered
148 Posts
take it apart

every time I take something apart it never works again:( I supose one of the hardest things is after you take it apart you half to some how get the torque specs for all the bolts:)

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do I need to add thread lock to any screws ???

wouldn't want a screw to fall out due to engine vibraion after I put it back together

·
Registered
148 Posts
thread lock

I dont know what ya need is a service manual it will have torque specs and all the good stuff I dont know were to get one try yamaha .com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts