Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Bad news. It's pretty boring once you get on I-40.

Good news, you'll pass a lot of good food, and some scenic places such as Chimney Rock Park, where they filmed "Last of the Mohicans." I'd recommend stopping in on that considering where you are coming from. :fact

·
Braaaaapppp!!
3,017 Posts
Side note if you need I am leaving Chesapeake that same day with a trailer. If you need any extra gear or accessories hauled let me know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news. It's pretty boring once you get on I-40.

Good news, you'll pass a lot of good food, and some scenic places such as Chimney Rock Park, where they filmed "Last of the Mohicans." I'd recommend stopping in on that considering where you are coming from. :fact
I will do the blue ridge parkway

Side note if you need I am leaving Chesapeake that same day with a trailer. If you need any extra gear or accessories hauled let me know.
Thanks , I thing that the side bag of the FJR1300 will be OK

·
I eat my R1.
76 Posts
Depending on what part of the parkway you are on, Tuggles Gap is a good ride, and the Lovers Leap overlook, has a really good view :fact

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on what part of the parkway you are on, Tuggles Gap is a good ride, and the Lovers Leap overlook, has a really good view :fact

I'm planing to take the 421 from Winston-Salem, NC to watauga and ride the 221/blue ridge pkwy to cherokee .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
opher
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing