Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The flames took my R6
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at this video..
The story says that a speed freak from norway did 303 kmh. If you look the speedo tells 303, but it´s not looking right how the numbers suddently nearly jumps from 290something to 303 just before a curve...:no
Is it fake?
After the curve he pushes it hard, but aint near 300 again..

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=317097
The clip is under the picture at your right.

·
Still love Yami's the most
1,141 Posts
yeah, looks wet out too!

·
The flames took my R6
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fiveoh said:
When you increase lean angle, the tires diameter shrinks, so you effectively shorten the gearing. So at the same speed and rpm the bike will indicate more speed. :fact
Could be the reason..
The top speed is reached when he leans the bike into the curve.. But then again the article was about him doing 303 km/h on a local street, and that he did not..

What bike is it?

·
performance first
2,940 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
No the bike is definately a Honda CBR 959. If you look at the ignition barrel it has "HISS" on it which is the Honda security system.
Seems very fast for this bike, its either got some serious mods or it's been geared down and hasn't got a speed healer.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Wheatman said:
:confused:

:beer :beer
my freind has a 954 and all he can get out of it is 172 -175 indicated about 164 real I agree with wheat is better have some serios mods to be doing close to 190.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.