Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO.. where to start, as I started out in my career as a CNC Equipment Salesmen, I started as an actual CNC machinist ranging from 3 axis to 5 axis. Being that I know the price of these machine and what type of machines that are being used by most of these manufacturing, I am going to let you people know why aftermarket parts are so expensive. Maybe a little too expensive.

1. Engineering & RD this can arguably be priced at any amount. However, a majority of these companies are copying basic OEM templates and making their own changes.

2. Price of material, Payroll , Business etc.

I've noticed though some of these companies are really small and run a 3 man operation and just put up a good website. NOTE TO THESE COMPANIES. STOP FINANCING MACHINES YOU CANNOT AFFORD AND PUTTING THAT ON THE CUSTOMER BY CHARGING $700 for some rear sets that really only have one pass over on and were provided the template dimensions from OEM. I get it you need to make money too. BUT STOP.

I recently saw someone post about some RIZOMA mirrors for the 2020 R1 that were the easiest design made of crappy aluminum for $420.. if you pay that much for some mirror you are an idiot.

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
Well that’s just it, capitalism in a nutshell, working as intended. The transaction is consensual. If you don’t want to pay that much for a part, don’t. If you are willing to pay the go ahead.

Or, design one yourself, put up all your own business risk, and charge what you’d like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that’s just it, capitalism in a nutshell, working as intended. The transaction is consensual. If you don’t want to pay that much for a part, don’t. If you are willing to pay the go ahead.

Or, design one yourself, put up all your own business risk, and charge what you’d like.
I agree with what you are saying and totally understand a business needs to make it’s money. However, a lot of these companies abuse that a little too much.

·
Venom X/O
25,012 Posts
I agree with what you are saying and totally understand a business needs to make it’s money. However, a lot of these companies abuse that a little too much.
Agreed, But corporate greed is a heart issue, so unless you change the hearts of men you’re just gonna have to over petty LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts