Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let my 2010 R1 sit up for a few months. Wouldn't start so i..
replaced fuel-pump and filter, filter had alot of rust in it.. shitty ethanol gas for you ...
I emptied the tank, cleaned it and put new gas in, still wouldnt start.

I took the air-box off and sprayed starter fluid into the cylinders, if you do this the bike will start and run for a sec.
That leads me to believe the injectors are bad. I took the fuel line off going to the airbox (right before the injecctors)
turn the key on and it sprays gas out of the line so I know I have pressure before the injectors.

I tried to observe the injectors physically whilst trying to start/ no gas got on my fingers or anything. Are they supposed to spray alot at startup?
I ohmed the injectors and all of them ohm exactly the same .012 ohms.

Wish I had a 12v power source to hook to the injectors to see if they "click"
I'll try taking them apart and cleaning them but it's just hard to believe all 4 injectors aren't spraying, like maybe its a control issue from the computer

anyway any help a ppreciated'

·
Save a life, grope your wife!
1,486 Posts
I'm guessing if you had rust in your filter, you got it in your injectors and they are now clogged. Google how to make an injector cleaning and test rig. I've seen it before for cleaning injectors. It seems pretty easy to set up, and 12 VDC power sources are cheap enough.

That being said, you got a 12 VDC source right in your bike. Remove the injector and hook some test leads up. I've never heard one so I have no idea if there is an audible click or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright guys so heres what i've done so far.. I tested & cleaned each injector with a 12v power supply. All achieved good sprays, all of them click like they are supposed to... I put it back together and still no dice.. Bike turns over, but still there's nothing spraying out of the injectors.. I should maybe mention before this I changed the Fuel pump and the filter they gave me was slightly too big, i had to fold it slightly to get everything to fit, I wouldn't think that would cause an issue but idk.. getting frustrated with this thing. Runs with starter fluid no problem

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just went t hru diagnostic mode, all of them click 5 times D36-40 = primary injectors and they all click 5 times. D:40-46 = secondary injectors, they click 5 times and spay lightly.
Is there a difference between primary and secondary injectors on this bike or something?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys I'm definitely an idiot. There are 8 injectors not just 4
All of the injectors check out electrically and I cleaned the main green injectors and re-installed everything.
When daylight comes tomorrow i'll re-install t he tank and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Fuel pump pressure is something to look into. It's unlikely that all 4 are bad. The upper 4 only spray at high rpm because at the speed the Air flows into the engine it doesn't have time to atomize using the mains. Without proper pressure they won't spray. It's possible to have Flow without pressure. The regulator could be bad.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When disconnecting the fuel line from the pump/tank, you need goggles or have to look away not to get fuel splashed in your eye. If the splash isn't that strong, that's an indicator that you have a pressure problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply I never thought to look at the regulator but i will. I put everything back together and tried to crank it.. no good.. no start.. its got to be a fuel issue I just am so confused. with the fuel line disconnected I do get a really strong spray. Does anyone know what the round object on the main fuel rail ithat has a screw on it? I thought it may be a strainer of some sort.
Anyways.. I know all the injectors are good electrically, and the top ones do spray.
I'm gonna look into possibly renting or getting a pressure testing gauge to test pressure on the bike. I believe it's supposed to be around 46

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts