Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2003 R1 Silver
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got very very lucky today...............went home to go riding me and a friend were out weather was beautiful everything going good. I had been doing some standups and just goofing around some.

Well about a half mile away from home i pull it up in second ride it out for a little while according to my buddy around 95 or so is where i set it back down and boom the left foot peg breaks clean off :eek: :eek: ...................my foot smacked the ground and bounced back up, my friend and i both thought i was going down but i stayed on for the ride. Scary to think i came so close to wrecking. But i lived to ride another day

be safe out there.

and here is to another day of riding the one :beer

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
WOW, glad you pulled that one off......I hope everyone learns from this....change that stinkin bolt!!!!!!!

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
Jeeez.. what did you do with your other two wishes???

Lucky man.. LUCKKKY....

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
lucky, lucky man...stay safe brother. Glad you're ok.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I assume it was the stock peg and bolt?? Definitely a must change... Anyway, glad you saved her/you...

- BA

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
FIXTITS said:
hmm how do ya replace them?? looks tight to me
It will break regardless if it's tight or not, change the bolt with a grade 8.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Who should be changing the bolt? Just guys that pull stunts or everyone. I'm a twisties rider. So, I don't pop the front end up. Where can I get those bolts?

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
What year R1?

·
Registered
494 Posts
RexRR1 said:
Who should be changing the bolt? Just guys that pull stunts or everyone. I'm a twisties rider. So, I don't pop the front end up. Where can I get those bolts?
you know... i think of all the times i've stood on my pegs to stretch, or "adjust" while riding. never even thought about it much!! i guess this means everyone is at risk!! i'm changing my bolts this season.... ASAP!! hmmm.... maybe some rearsets?!?:thumbup

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Scary stuff, glad to hear you kept the greasy side down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts