Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
When in Doubt , Flat Out
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys i am so P&%^ed right now .

Its 2am in the morning Sydney( Aus) time and we have just been celebrating christmas .

We are living in a unit in a quiet street with my units balcony overlooking my R1 . I was just sitting back relaxing in the lounge room with all the lights in the bedroom , Balcony on ( Place was very bright) and some dirty F^&ks have taken my bike cover off and smashed the ignition and are trying to roll the bike away .

I thought when i got out there that they had just taken the bike cover off but once looking at it my heart went in my mouth and my blood is still boiling

Fortunantly my Girlfriend was getting tired and wanted to go to bed . She went to get changed and saw these 2 guys trying to steal my pride and joy and yelled out to me . As soon as they heard her yell they took off like the scum that they are .

Now i have to wait till the police come over and hopefully fingerprint it as there are a heap of fingerprints on it that arnt mine . i know this cause i just polished it yesterday and havent riden it today .

I ran outside with my trustworthy maglight to kill someone but they had ran off like the cowards they are .

See above for pics , They also have scratched my tank with what looks like a screwdriver and also the left fairing and tried the cut the clutch cable .

Also what do you think should i get insurance to cover this or pay it out ???

i also want to send out a Huge thankyou to my girlfriend for saving my 2nd most valuable asset , ( Her being my 1st) thanks babe

Thanks fellas ,,,,,,,,,,,,.............

Attachments

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Sorry to hear. At least those stupid pieces of piss didn't make off with your R1.

·
When in Doubt , Flat Out
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the ignition is stuffed. I put the key in just then and it just spins around. I could probably pull the whole barrel out .

Police are coming tomorrow to Fingerprint it as i had just polished it yesterday and havent ridden it since . their grubby hand & fingermarks are all over the tank

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
glad to hear that they weren't able to get away with it. if it's under $1k worth of damage, I would just pay for it, if money isn't a problem. Save the insurance for something big. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
dude!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys i am so P&%^ed right now .

Its 2am in the morning Sydney( Aus) time and we have just been celebrating christmas .

We are living in a unit in a quiet street with my units balcony overlooking my R1 . I was just sitting back relaxing in the lounge room with all the lights in the bedroom , Balcony on ( Place was very bright) and some dirty F^&ks have taken my bike cover off and smashed the ignition and are trying to roll the bike away .

I thought when i got out there that they had just taken the bike cover off but once looking at it my heart went in my mouth and my blood is still boiling

Fortunantly my Girlfriend was getting tired and wanted to go to bed . She went to get changed and saw these 2 guys trying to steal my pride and joy and yelled out to me . As soon as they heard her yell they took off like the scum that they are .

Now i have to wait till the police come over and hopefully fingerprint it as there are a heap of fingerprints on it that arnt mine . i know this cause i just polished it yesterday and havent riden it today .

I ran outside with my trustworthy maglight to kill someone but they had ran off like the cowards they are .

See above for pics , They also have scratched my tank with what looks like a screwdriver and also the left fairing and tried the cut the clutch cable .

Also what do you think should i get insurance to cover this or pay it out ???

i also want to send out a Huge thankyou to my girlfriend for saving my 2nd most valuable asset , ( Her being my 1st) thanks babe

WELL FIRST OFF AT LEAST THE F#$%'S DIDN'T GET IT.:)

SECOND -I USED TO HAVE TO LEAVE MY BIKE OUTSIDE IN NEW YORK AND USED THE TIN CAN TRICK (CHEAP ALARM) .
IT WORKS ,DONT LAUGH.....PLACE A COUPLE OR FEW EMPTY SODA/COFFEE CANS UNDER THE COVER THAT WILL FALL TO THE GROUND WHEN DISTURBED.:scared :scared

SOUNDS DUMB "BUT" THE LOUD NOISE IS VERY DISTURBING TO THE PERPITRATOR AND CAN GET PEOPLES ATTENTION. A MOTION LIGHT /MOTION
DETECTORS THAT ARE PORTABLE (LIKE THE ONES THAT HANG ON YOUR DOOR KNOB....POSSIBLY W/ DOG BARK RECORDING):ncont:

THESE ARE ALL CHEAP DETERENT'S AND VERY EFFECTIVE IN MOST CASES .

THE AVERAGE THIEF IS DUMB AND NOT VERY DETERMINED AND IS EASILY DISSUEDED.............:rant

THEN THERE IS OF COURSE LO-JACK /ALARM ETC ETC .....:dollar

BUT EVEN TEMPERARILY THIS HELPS.

USUALLY THE VERY TALENTED PROS (IF YOU WOULD VENTURE TO CALL THESE PRO'S) IF THEY WANT IT THEY WILL GET IT .....NO MATTER WHAT.:whtfu:

BUT GENERALLY THESE GUYS ARE GRABBIN' FERRARIS ETC ETC:fork

HANG IN THERE DONT LET IT RUIN YOUR HOLIDAYS...:)

Thanks fellas ,,,,,,,,,,,,.............

·
When in Doubt , Flat Out
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
skyguy82
sorry to hear some scum have tried to take your baby from you.

did you get your bike from BikBiz ? i notice you have the DataDot DNA stickers.

hey i got it from Action in the city . The Bike wont start now so im stuffed , Its sitting out the front so i may have to get it towed tomorrow to the insurance place

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
If the bikes ECU is locked to the key, whats th point of stealing it? A new ECU and ignition unit is hellish expensive.

Suppose they could always part it out but even then it has the datadot... Wonder how they were planning on getting away with it long term.

But then if they were smart they wouldn't need to steal a bike I suppose.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
Mother:nforc:punks!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.