Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· The Goldenchild
4,688 Posts

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
Just hope he can climb back on top of the game with the Bridgestones and a updated M1. '08 should be a great season.

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
That is very interesting, that has to be a first with the same team on two different tire brands.

I guess that talk I had with Vale worked...I told how good the Bridgestones worked for me this year also:D :D

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Should be interesting with riders on the same team running different tires. :fact :cool:

Ditto... and in different paddocks!!!

· It's here !!!
191 Posts
It was done a while back in the team with Biaggi (Michelin) and Tamada (Bridgestone) a couple of years ago (Pons from what i remember). It's when Tamada got his 2 wins and Bridgestone were just starting out in MotoGP

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
very interesting. I like it, good stuff!

· yield
17,882 Posts
Someone at Yamaha must be grumbling about the extra effort. Total seperate paddock setups for proprietary and trade issues with tire tech. Big PITA for someone.

· Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Webslilnger, please educate me, is the same team using different tires something that rarely happens?

PS...In advance I'd like to say to all the Haters and slammers...Bite Me! ....and I mean this in the nicest way brother riders.

· Registered
50 Posts
I guess it would suck if michelin came up with something over the off season, I'm not sure if the pressure should have been put on Yahama, but on Michelin to produce a better race tire. So if Michelin should happen too have a great 08 season, should Rossi pressure Yahama to go back to Michelin?

· Do or do not, there is no try
2,670 Posts
That is very interesting, that has to be a first with the same team on two different tire brands.

I guess that talk I had with Vale worked...I told how good the Bridgestones worked for me this year also:D :D
World Superbike. Yamaha R7...Scott Russell used Michelin's and team mate Haga used Dunlops. 1999 I believe was the year ( I might be off on the year. )

:beer

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
Michelin will probably have its act together next year, but Bridgestone is still going to be tough to beat. Rossi realizes it and wants to be on the best tires. But it would be funny it Lorenzo beats him.
I agree. Bridgestone has a world championship so I doubt they are going to sit back and relax.

Michelin admitted this year to slacking off...I am sure that pissed Rossi off. They may step it up but Bridgestone is already there so I think Rossi made the right decision.

· WERA/CCS #217
5,987 Posts
Thank you Chad for talking to Rossi.. I forgot you had his cell phone number.

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
Thank you Chad for talking to Rossi.. I forgot you had his cell phone number.
Just call it a public service for better racing. He was unwilling at first, but with a little persuasion (sp)I was able to convert my Italian friend:)

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Just call it a public service for better racing. He was unwilling at first, but with a little persuasion (sp)I was able to convert my Italian friend:)
Good thing Vale's on Team Drunk.... we DEMAND the best out of our tires...............and our coolers! :lol

· Convention main man
14,187 Posts
Good thing Vale's on Team Drunk.... we DEMAND the best out of our tires...............and our coolers! :lol
Also probably why he finished 3rd in the points this year and 2nd last year....for 2008

PRESS RELEASE!!!

Valentino Rossi joins Team SO FAST SO CLEAN racing on his M1 Yamaha. He will race new Bridgestone tires as recommended by fellow Teammate GaWarrior!!

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Also probably why he finished 3rd in the points this year and 2nd last year....for 2008

PRESS RELEASE!!!

Valentino Rossi joins Team SO FAST SO CLEAN racing on his M1 Yamaha. He will race new Bridgestone tires as recommended by fellow Teammate GaWarrior!!
You're right......now that he's past his prime he should probably relegate himself to SFSC. :fact

7 World Championships is plenty for Team Drunk! :beer:drunk:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.