Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys help me out. My wife and I have decided to get a devorce. At first all I wanted to do was work it out, but now I have realized we have not been happy for a long time. We have been married for nearly three years. We have not been happy for about 2 years. I love her I just can't be with her. It hurts now, but I think it is for the best. I basicley need you guys to tell it will be ok.

P.S. i don't need any smart remarks.

·
My CBR ate the R1
248 Posts
I know it sucks right now but you will get over it. Just think now you will be able to ride when you want to and not have to ask permission.:crash

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
R103,

If you've been unhappy for 2 years you've done the right thing for both of your mental health. If you don't have kids and your not in debt together you have done the smart thing. Don't write your relationship off though. If its a mutual thing and you are both walking away happy with each other you might be back with her in a year or something like that.

Do you not like her? What's the reason for the split? You don't need to tell all here but you should say it to at lest yourself if you haven't already. Relationshops are a bitch at the best of times and need constant work, sometimes it don't matter what you do or how hard you work at it, it still sucks. If that's the case, it's time to clutch it up and ride away.

If you don't need to make her an enemy dont. If you need to or want to, rock on! Just keep the peace with her, you never know when you're going to need a friend in the future.

You'll keep you bike by the sound of it but you'll be one less friend for a while.

Do you have many friends outside "The Mrs"? Use 'em, you're going to need something to keep you focued on somehting else.

Be Cool, it aint the end of the world, it's just the end of a relationship, no biggie.

·
Banned
4,235 Posts
Keep your chin up. I got a divorce 17 years into the marriage. My case was different though... he was very abusive and unfaithful. I tried my hardest because we had 3 kids. But even then we still did it.

If something is worthwhile holding on to it... then hold on to it. Work at it... don't just say "I haven't been happy for a while". Remember too... it takes work. If you have lost some of the fire... try finding it first. Think back to when you had it and what you guys were doing. Take a weekend and go somewhere just the 2 of you. No outside influences at ALL. That too sometimes is the majority of the problem. Some of our "friends" do things sometimes that are wrong and are always trying to influence us to doing the same. That is not good.

Whatever the case may be with you and your wife. You have a lot of support here from us. I wish you and her the very best.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Here is the deal no kids just 2 cars in both names, that should not be a problem. We seperated about one year ago. Then we got back togather in a few weeks promising each other it would get better. It didn't. About a month and a half ago we got to the point where we did not even talk. Then she left and went to her mom about 2-3 weeks ago. I promised that it would get better. So this past weekend we went out to the mall and on the way back, I asked her if she would like to go out again. She said "I geuss" that is when I started to realize that it was not going to just work out like it allways has. I called the next day after being completley misserable and asked her if she was happy. She said kinda. The thing is marrige can not be made with just love. because I love her more than anything and she loves me the same, but we are just not good for each other. right now anyway. Another thing I think I should mention is that we were realy young when we got married, maybe too young (Her 18 me 20)

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
I got divorced two years ago, i can relate as to how you feel. Time will help heal the wounds and scars of a divorce. I think you're making the right decision if both of you are unhappy... some times the right thing is the hardest thing. Things will be ok, you'll see...

·
Illuminati
1,065 Posts
Check this site out plus the links. It will give u a new outlook!

nomarriage.com

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
AT least being un-happy for 2 years is better than 20... I've known people who have stayed married for no apparent reason and been unhappy for 20+ years before calling it quits.... Quite a waste of 2 lives :(

- BA

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
brianb said:
Check this site out plus the links. It will give u a new outlook!

nomarriage.com
Very interesting..... Not sure if it is meant as a joke or not, but does make some good points...

- BA

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
When I divorced my wife it was hard even though I knew she was just using the crap out of me. It was a hard decision. I had been separated before and when we got back together it was more of the same. When I finally did it , it was at around 2 in the morning and I just woke up looking at the cieling fan go around and I got her up and anounced my decision. Today I know I did the right thing. Do what your heart tells you is right and when you do don't look back. It's like jumping into cold water. If you stick a toe in first it'll take forever but if you jump in and get it overwith you'll be alright in no time. Good luck bro , and pray on it.

·
I speed therefore I am.
566 Posts
Been there and done that. Got married too young, lasted 3 years. Thought it was the end of the world at first but over time realized we weren't really right for each other. We should have been good friends instead of married. 5 years later, married the 'right' one and have been together 22 years. Oh, she rides a bike too. Good luck and hope it all works out for the best.

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
it'll be OK

get a lawyer so you can make sure it stays OK

K

·
0 Posts
Ive been through a lot of hard situations and have relized that everything will be ok. No one will think down on you for not making it work, you are doing whats best, and it is just a hard process to cope with, but you'll get through it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts