Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/

I'm getting those needles ordered today.

What can I expect? Are they like any other jet-kit?
Like Factory Pro's are just to fit with the recommended settings.
Or are these Ivan's needles special and need some kind of special treatment and tuning?

Please someone who know more about these needles, write it here! I need to know as much as possible before I install them.

·
Steeringdamper?? I´m strong...
123 Posts
Sorry Swedie, can´t help you out but would like a full report here on the Forum when you have installed the kit. Please also let us swedes know if the shipping from the states worked allright and how much it all went down to in total!!

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I have talked to alot of people who used them and they are supposed to be just drop and go,very easy if you have done carb work before and he sends great instructions and is very helpful by phone or e mail if problems do occur. You should have to resync the carbs after you do it,but no biggie

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure Jalle!

David, I got a thing that allows me to sync the carbs at home :) saves me 100 bucks!! atleast.

And, YEP! I've installed jet-kits before! So I shouldn't have any problems with the R1's carburators. They must be build the same.

How much gained HP can I expect to get with the Ivan needles on my bike (MIG high-mount)?

·
1,894 Posts
If you look on his site you will see a dyno chart,they brought up a stock pipe about 4-5hp so with a slip on you should get maybe 10

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's SO sweet! :D

I can't find any email address on their website anymore.
Will there be one on the papers that I recieve that i can use to email and ask questions on?

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I don't have Ivan's needles in an R1 but I put them in a FZ-1. The results were amazing. The dyno charts didn't even begin show what it did for the bike. It rev'd much harder and smoother and pulled like you wouldn't believe. I'm 220lbs and it can power wheelie with no problem. Ivan really does a lot of R&D before releasing a kit and it shows. The dyno charts showed an good increase in power but the seat of the pants feeling was where it really showed.

I think that is what got me to trade the FZ-1 and buy an R1. The power output with the FZ-1 suspension was starting to scare me in the corners. Go with Ivan's Needles. You won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOHO! Thanks for the input SmokeEater!
Now I want them even more! !!!! :)

ArhhH!! When is this winter gonna end???!?!?!? :p

·
1,894 Posts
My needles should be here by the end of the week and I am going to remove the Air Induction system while I am at it,not using Ivans kit but since I own an auto repair shop I have everything I need to do it,shaving off more weight and increasing HP what a nice thing to say huh

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, David.
You ordered needles to? But not the Ivan's? Which ones then?

And doing that stuff with the Air Induction system.. is that hard? and do you need to order a couple of more stuff?
Please tell me what exactly you're doing with the Air Induction system and why that will improve HP.

Please :blah

·
1,894 Posts
No I got Ivans needles also and he sells a kit to remove the air induction system go to his site and check it out,looks simple for the money but the tap is made for stainless steel

·
1,894 Posts
It is not really to improve performance but ok wait here is what he says"
We have designed these kits to allow you to remove the air induction system (air pump) from your bike. This allows for easier access to service your bike and removes the unnecessary complexity from your engine. These kits will reduce popping on decelleration.

All of our kits include the necessary fittings to block off all holes in the airbox left after hose disconnection as well as vacuum port plugs to make a simple installation without having to fabricate anything

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
is that kind of like the pair valve the Suzuki TLR has ? My TLR ust to backfire so bad it shot 12" flames out the back. It was so annoying. Does the R1 have a simlar system that injects fresh air into the exhaust... kinda an emmissions thing ?

·
1,894 Posts
That is exactly what it is...pain in the ass emissions

·
Speed Limit?
567 Posts
I installed the needles that Ivan sent to me. Oh My God!!! I didn't think that such a small piece of machined metal would make that big of a difference. I haven't been on the Dyno yet, but the throttle response and smoothness alone was worth the price. Highly recommended!!! Thanks Ivan!!! :fork

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
talk about dragging up old threads!:moto:

·
Speed Limit?
567 Posts
Hey, if ya got an old bike, you have to drag up old threads. LOL Nobody talks about mods they are doing to the Y2K models anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts