Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So when I am riding a sport bike I have 2 jackets which both are pressing up on the helmet so that I have difficulties looking up. Worst when I am tugged. I found the if I put on my old Shoei which does not have the big lump on the back for the intercom, then it is much better.
See pictures

I simply need another helmet/jacket or is there a fix ?

It helps if I take out the back protector. On of the jackets also creates a hole down my neck when I am wearing the built in back protector. It catches the wind. So annoying.

·
Premium Member
2018 Yam R1S
20 Posts
So when I am riding a sport bike I have 2 jackets which both are pressing up on the helmet so that I have difficulties looking up. Worst when I am tugged. I found the if I put on my old Shoei which does not have the big lump on the back for the intercom, then it is much better.

I simply need another helmet/jacket or is there a fix ?

It helps if I take out the back protector. On of the jackets also creates a hole down my neck when I am wearing the built in back protector. It catches the wind. So annoying.
First, not enough info. Which jacket mfr(s) & which jacket model(s)? How does the jacket fit you, ie is it loose or snugger fit? pix of you w/ gear & on bike in tuck position would help but not sure we can offer a viable solution- tbd

·
Super Moderator
24,697 Posts
Manufacturer of the jackets? Speed & Strength maybe? I've bought an Alpinestars jacket exactly for this reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts