Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2001 Red R1
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2001 R1 completely stock except for a uro-tail. I wanted some performance, :D so I got a full Akrapovic exhaust system. The bike did not loose any bottom end like some people told me, on the contrary it made more bottom end power and the top end was improve by a lot. :D The bike runs great !! (no hesitation what so ever). :cool:
My question is, do I still need a Jet-kit? And if I do what kind? :eek:

·
2001 Red R1
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twisted, have you try this Ivans jet kit?

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
not yet but everyone i know with full akrapovic has and swears by it

·
2001 Red R1
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just order the jet-kit from ivans performance products it will take about 2 to 3 days, I will let you know how it goes. :rock

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Coolers man! I should be getting mine some day soon. If I haven't been ripped off that is.

I hope to gain some more.

·
True
11 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my first post so if it looks bad sorry! I just put a full 4-1 Akrapovic system on my 2000 R1 and it rocks! I bought the system from Ivan http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com along with his jet kit. Prior to installing the jet kit, I wanted to try the bike out with just the full system. Alone the Akrapovic system was awesome. Definite noticeable power gains and it sounded good.

After putting the jet kit in, the bike sounded even better and that thing came alive! I didn't notice any low end losses or lack of power. Throttle response is better and I can't say enough about the power difference. There is also no popping noises on deceleration which was noticeable before the jet kit.

Hope this little tid bit helps!

·
2001 Red R1
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The jet-kit from Ivans performance work great, The bike response a lot better.
I install the Ivans kit myself, is not that hard.:D

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,671 Posts
Do you have problems getting to your oil filter?

·
True
11 Posts
Hey Droog, to answer your question...yes. It is difficult to get to the oil filter now but you can get it off with a little work or little hands!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts