Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to congratulate R1SexOnWheels for his winning submission for BOTM. It's not what most here would ride on the R1-Forum but I can totally appreciate the thought and hard work that went into this build and just goes to show that we are not prejudice to custom builds. This one's for you Shane!

The Story -

It's my 2002 Yamaha R1. I had a custom hand made pipe made by my friend Marc Coop attached to Yoshimura headers. He also chopped up a Yoshimura TRS tri oval to fit down below so when I didn't feel like getting pulled over for a loud exhaust I could switch them. In one picture I have Marchesini wheels and in the other pictures I have PM wheels. For accessories I have an air shifter by Pingel. I had the shifting button integrated into the horn button so there wouldn't be a cluster of sh** on my handle bars. The holding tank for the air is actually the bottom tube of my swing arm with custom made pressure switch so it turns on and off when at or below required air pressure needed. Nitrous oxide, hand made aluminum tail so it could hold the strapless nitrous tanks without flexing and moving around every time you hit a bump. Hand made aluminum solo cover to match tail section. Custom single sided 240 swingarm by Greggs customs (The first swing arm was a single sided 180). TV screen fiberglass molded to the gas tank to display the rear view mounted camera, nitrous purge (I took the mirrors off to run my nitrous purge out of the mirror block offs) runs off the blinker cancel button, again to avoid a cluster of crap on my handle bars. There isn't a single after market button or switch attached to the handle bars. Everything on them is factory, we just made the factory buttons do two things instead of one. Air Ride in the rear. I went heavy all around with the chrome and custom paint job by Tom @ Bonehead designs.

Attachments

·
WOG
6,029 Posts
:thumbup
Not my flavor, but can still appreciate the effort. Congrats.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,409 Posts
:thumbup
Not my flavor, but can still appreciate the effort. Congrats.
Yeah!
I did appreciated the girl effort. Since he got BOTM can we see more fotos of her!?

·
1290!
8,575 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
4,472 Posts
Congrats man. Impressive amount of detail man, especially the paint. Very nice:thumbup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is one nice bike!...love the pain scheme and matching seat!...cant go wrong with that 240 either, great work and the detail is phenomenal!

·
Summer, Summer, Summer
45 Posts
I am really not a lover of the custom look, but that sir is a fantastic job, well deserved BOTM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts