Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Bigger is Better
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some miles (122) on the motor and went and dyno'd it. It is completely stock and pulled 158.5bwhp. Going now to put the full Ti-Force on and if not to late i will dyno it with the pipe and wake the neighbors up. Hopefully it wont take to long. Let you guys know the results after the programmer and the tuning get done. The pipe sound [email protected]*%ing awesome.
Dennis::jump :rock

·
My wife hates my R1
246 Posts
Let us Know and thanks for the input!

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
The Ti-Force pipes look awesome. Let us know what the numbers
are after you put them on.

·
Blue is best
787 Posts
The R1 makes its power up top no question, the ZX10 pre-release bikes seem to have the best power spread however, making solid hp in the middle where it will be used most along with a great top end.

Interesting how none of the 4cyl. GP teams run the underseat exhausts. At this point I'm not convinced it was done for a hp advantage, possibly more a flavour of the month move. Wonder how the new R1 would do with a standard side exit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yamaguy said:
[B

Interesting how none of the 4cyl. GP teams run the underseat exhausts. At this point I'm not convinced it was done for a hp advantage, possibly more a flavour of the month move. Wonder how the new R1 would do with a standard side exit. [/B]
You forgot about Ducati....

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,303 Posts
Wow thats enough for me, I have to say. Going to be quite a jump from 141 on the 02 to almost 160. Man that extra almost 20 ponies is gonna be a ton... Cant wait for the snow... to go.

·
There can only be one `R1`
379 Posts
The undetail exhaust is not a style thing. The undertail exhaust functionis not so much for HP but more for cleareance when on tight turns. For the guys that have droped a bike on its side know there will be less chance of damage now. Some of us know that a droped bike on the wrong side can be costly when you have to buy a new exhaust for $1100.

·
1,303 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
The undetail exhaust is not a style thing. The undertail exhaust functionis not so much for HP but more for cleareance when on tight turns. For the guys that have droped a bike on its side know there will be less chance of damage now. Some of us know that a droped bike on the wrong side can be costly when you have to buy a new exhaust for $1100.
I hear ya.. but seriously.. Dropping a bike.... Is there a "right" side?

lol.. jk man...

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
:iamwithst

You beat me to it. Exactly what I was going to say.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
WOW!! Now it will be interesting to see how good the stock exhaust is. On the Akro site the full system only gained 3-4 HP over the stock system.

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
All I can say is this bike is pure sex with the undertail exhaust! The sound is fabulous! Can't even imagine what a pipe would sound like!

·
Registered
306 Posts
yamaguy said:
Interesting how none of the 4cyl. GP teams run the underseat exhausts. At this point I'm not convinced it was done for a hp advantage, possibly more a flavour of the month move. Wonder how the new R1 would do with a standard side exit.
Well, except Ducati, and Honda (well the RC211V actually has three exhausts, one of which exits under the seat). Still, I don't doubt that, ground clearance and aerodynamic advantages aside, it was done primarily as a style thing. Nothing wrong with that. I seriously doubt that undertail versus side exit exhausts make any difference, engine-performance-wise.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
smokeuu said:
Just got some miles (122) on the motor and went and dyno'd it. It is completely stock and pulled 158.5bwhp. Going now to put the full Ti-Force on and if not to late i will dyno it with the pipe and wake the neighbors up. Hopefully it wont take to long. Let you guys know the results after the programmer and the tuning get done. The pipe sound [email protected]*%ing awesome.
Dennis::jump :rock

lets see the chart!

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
Re: Re: Just Dyno'd My 04

Jump1979man said:
lets see the chart!
:iamwithst
Scan that baby and post up. Let's see the curve...

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
yamaguy said:
The R1 makes its power up top no question, the ZX10 pre-release bikes seem to have the best power spread however, making solid hp in the middle where it will be used most along with a great top end.

I forsee a change back to side exit in the futur...I hope so I mean :)

·
1,303 Posts
not me.. I hope they ALL go to the underseat. It's just so Clean.. and even looking. No crap on one side only.. Not symetrical enough for me that one sided pipe thing... no no no.. the underseat can STAY... YUP...;)

·
Stunt 101
106 Posts
Ok, could be the dumbest question ever, but isnt that very little miles on the bike to be dyno'ed so early? Maybe get a little better of a read out with the proper break in?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts