Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just finished my dynojet jet kit and ti force slip on my 01

I just finished exhaust and dynojet jet kit and it's running great. I am going to tweek it a bit once I get cash up for dyno time. I am planning to do my chain and sprockets next -1/+2. Does this work on an 01? Anyone have any suggestions on things I can do over the winter?

·
Registered
272 Posts
depending on what your looking for, i would do -1/+1. thats what i have on my 01 and its more than enough as these bikes already have great low-mid range anyway, first gear is useless unless you just want to look at the sky, 2nd you even have to fight it to keep the front down. but idk, maybe +2 in the rear wouldnt be much different. makes clutching 2-3rd gear wheelies cake though.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
I recently did -1+2 and I thought it was two much. I currently have +2 on the rear sprocket and love it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
slowly rolling on the throttle is the only way to accelerate in 1st, a quick 1/4 turn of the throttle and ur'll be sky high. thats how it is with my set up anyway.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I re-geared my 2000 in 02 and hated it -1F don't remember what the back was. On back roads it was impressive but the first time I rode on the interstate it felt like i was in 4th when I was in 6th. If you never get near or go over 140 you'll probrably like it

·
Registered
272 Posts
I re-geared my 2000 in 02 and hated it -1F don't remember what the back was. On back roads it was impressive but the first time I rode on the interstate it felt like i was in 4th when I was in 6th. If you never get near or go over 140 you'll probrably like it
hmm, i wonder what gearing you had. with mine i still had the speedo reading 175 and had more to go.. stupid i know, but who hasnt done it.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
My speedo was all screwed up. I would be cruising down the interstate along with everybody else and my speedo was indicating 90mph when I know I was only doing about 70-75mph. Cruising rpm's were way too high as well. Made a lot of vibration in the grips.

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
hmm, i wonder what gearing you had. with mine i still had the speedo reading 175 and had more to go.. stupid i know, but who hasnt done it.
of course the speedo will read higher lol but the real speed will be more like 150 or even less:saw: .
u need a speedo healer when changing sprockets.

·
Registered
272 Posts
of course the speedo will read higher lol but the real speed will be more like 150 or even less:saw: .
u need a speedo healer when changing sprockets.
yeah def, need a speedohealer, im just too cheap to buy one haha. ive trained myself not to even pay attention to what it shows because i know its off. i do know that for about every 100miles, my bike shows about 112, so it will affect the actual mileage on the bike as well unless corrected.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Hey notguilty411, did you notice a big difference with the full exhaust system on your 01R1? Would you say it was worth the money?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey notguilty411, did you notice a big difference with the full exhaust system on your 01R1? Would you say it was worth the money?
i did the exhaust and jet kit at the same time, and honestly i felt like i gained a little more all throughout the power band, especially in the upper rpms. that was coming from stock, so im not really sure how it would compare to just a slip on. and i got a good deal on the exhaust from a buddy, so to me it was def, worth the money. personally i dont know if i could get myself to spend all the money for the akra if i would have had to buy it new, but then again im poor and putting myself through college so money really isnt something i have just lying around.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
i did the exhaust and jet kit at the same time, and honestly i felt like i gained a little more all throughout the power band, especially in the upper rpms. that was coming from stock, so im not really sure how it would compare to just a slip on. and i got a good deal on the exhaust from a buddy, so to me it was def, worth the money. personally i dont know if i could get myself to spend all the money for the akra if i would have had to buy it new, but then again im poor and putting myself through college so money really isnt something i have just lying around.
Thanks for the help. I'm having a hard time trying to justify spending that kind of money unless I can be guarunteed i'll get at least another 10hp out of it.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
I would like to know now but 2002 was a long time ago and I only had it geared like that for a couple days. Last half dozen or so time I rode my 2000 I topped it out and only hit 180 stock geared and had a 14, 04 R1 & 2 06 1000's pass me with what seemed like 15mph more to play with. Did'nt think to ask what gearing they had. I have'nt run at those speeds every weekend since 04. My rides in the last couple of years are more hitting curves and stock geared seems perfect any more low end would probrably just spin the tire more than it is.

·
Registered
272 Posts
no prob. never had it on a dyno so i couldnt give you any real numbers. seat of the pants dyno felt a gain though, and it sounds good haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.