Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

· Ron Paul 2012
3,778 Posts
Kevap said:
Hmmm.... how long have you had it in your possession? Seems I see a zero gravity windscreen already? Boy that was fast! You sure you bought an 06? Sure does look like an 05! :crash
:iamwithst

Or are they comign with stock smoke screens?

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
if you look closely you will see new side cover for clutch on 06. its not 05 raven. new clutch cover gave it away. cmon guys u know this and should catch these little details

· Know the TOE
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I took the Zero Gravity off my '04 and put it on the '06. Tonight I'll be moving more goodies from the '04 to the '06 including the chrome rims. The raven should look hot with the chrome rims on.

· Beer me
3,891 Posts
1longR1 said:
if you look closely you will see new side cover for clutch on 06. its not 05 raven. new clutch cover gave it away. cmon guys u know this and should catch these little details
:iamwithst
The swingarm looks a little longer too. But chrome wheels? Noooooooooooooooo!!!

:beer

· yield
17,882 Posts
Shouldn't feel the same... longer swinger, slight engine update and more stout supenders up front. The longer wheel base should make a little more stable.
xDx

· Registered
1,373 Posts
no friggin' ride review? reset asured I will do a line up compared to a 05 as sson as I get my hands on it. there'll be none of this riding it home from the dealership. for sure I'll ride it out ....and then break it !
oh a 4 day weekend is a comin' too!I feel a pig trail ride in the works .
Imay throw in an rr comparo too...

· Know the TOE
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Initailially I noticed a few things, it seems to have a smappier throttle response. The clutch is easier to operate. Steering is smoother (I haven't noticed too much about how quickly it turns but I would assume that with the longer swing arm it would take a bit more effort correct?) It doesn't seem as jumpy. I haven't had time to ride it much I'll try to get out adjust the suspension and see how she feels.

Oh yeah and why would Yamaha put a sport touring tire (218) on there?

· Wheelies for boobs!
3,965 Posts
CON said:
Initailially I noticed a few things, it seems to have a smappier throttle response. The clutch is easier to operate. Steering is smoother (I haven't noticed too much about how quickly it turns but I would assume that with the longer swing arm it would take a bit more effort correct?) It doesn't seem as jumpy. I haven't had time to ride it much I'll try to get out adjust the suspension and see how she feels.

Oh yeah and why would Yamaha put a sport touring tire (218) on there?

The 218 is not a sport touring tire. It's their OEM sport tire.

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
CON said:
It's pretty much like my '04 but with the new bike feel again.:rock

Anybody else get theirs yet?
I'm not knocking your discission to get a '06. :fact I just don't understand why!!! It's basically the same bike as your '04. If you wanted a raven, then just buy the plastics to put on your '04. It doesn't make much sense to me. :dunno As for the chrome wheels :ugh . But, it's your money and bike. Congrats on the purchase.

· Oh Damn!
477 Posts
SudA said:
:2bitchsla :no
:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst :ugh :ugh

But hey if its your style, :thumbup

· Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Now those are some rims i would like to see on a 06 raven. Chrome??? I guess i just dont understand. You got an all black bike, only to start chroming stuff? just get an older bike where the frame and exhaust were chrome or polish already. But, hey, enjoy that 06 man. your the first with one, dont be the first to wreck it.

Ride safe

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.