Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
1,373 Posts
**** me its got 218's?!...well I know what my 1st up grade will be....
edit- sorry about the potty mouth..to much sam adams when I read this post...I had snuck in here to check on the forum while taking a whiz( my garage was full of sportbikes and friends last night...my liil check in caused quite a discussion)

· Dark Horse
3,050 Posts
Re: Re: Just got my '06 Raven

Skeeter said:
I'm not knocking your discission to get a '06. :fact I just don't understand why!!! It's basically the same bike as your '04. If you wanted a raven, then just buy the plastics to put on your '04. It doesn't make much sense to me. :dunno As for the chrome wheels :ugh . But, it's your money and bike. Congrats on the purchase.
:iamwithst A new bike is always a cool thing :thumbup, but I would have waited for the next R1 or threw the money into some mods for the 04. Nice bike though :yesnod. Congrats.

· Track bound.
10,034 Posts

Skeeter said:
I'm not knocking your discission to get a '06. :fact I just don't understand why!!! It's basically the same bike as your '04.

I wouldn't call it the same bike. Changes to the main frame, longer and more laterally flexy swingarm, new forks, new shock, revised head, clutch boss changes.

· me r1 to eats P***y
3,527 Posts
R1Yama said:
Weren't you suppose to get yours sometime last week? Post the pics.
no honda east got it this week, its on route and due to be to me on thursday!!!!!

and as far as only a pro benefiting from the new changes, maybe but maybe not, suspension upgrades can usually be noticed even at a good street pace, and if they improved the midrange with the head design and the throtle response is improved you will feel that evertime you ride the bike:thumbup

· I wish I had more time to ride
565 Posts

Skeeter said:
I'm not knocking your discission to get a '06. :fact I just don't understand why!!! It's basically the same bike as your '04. If you wanted a raven, then just buy the plastics to put on your '04. It doesn't make much sense to me. :dunno As for the chrome wheels :ugh . But, it's your money and bike. Congrats on the purchase.
:iamwithst

I'm thinking about the '06 yellow plastics for mine. alot cheaper, plus my bike already has all the mods......

· obsessed
1,522 Posts

Skeeter said:
I'm not knocking your discission to get a '06. :fact I just don't understand why!!!
:iamwithst Congrats anyway. That Raven is bad ass! And chrome goes best with black. Not that I condone blingin a sport bike out, but I've spent many a coin on chrome for my black Fat Boy and damn she is purty. :D

· Faster...
719 Posts
Congrats!

· Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
I picked up my Raven '06 on Saturday. $11,500 OTD. Fair price for me and the dealer still made a decent profit (dealer cost including freight but not including setup is $9611).

No pics yet. I rode it home and proceeded to take it apart. It's currently in about 300 pieces on my garage floor. I should have it completely ready by next weekend and I'll take pics of it then.

· Registered
7,648 Posts
mxracer95 said:
I picked up my Raven '06 on Saturday. $11,500 OTD. Fair price for me and the dealer still made a decent profit (dealer cost including freight but not including setup is $9611).

No pics yet. I rode it home and proceeded to take it apart. It's currently in about 300 pieces on my garage floor. I should have it completely ready by next weekend and I'll take pics of it then.
Do you know what OTD means?

Bike price 9611.00
Any setup Fee 300.00 (average)
License Fee 300.00
Tax (8%) 768.88
= OTD price 10,979.88
this would be the dealer's cost with no profit... ???

If that price is with all of the above then please list your dealers phone number.......... cause he's nut's... :lol
I really don't think you paid that for an 06R1 in Cali.

· Track bound.
10,034 Posts
R1LOVER said:
Do you know what OTD means?

Bike price 9611.00
Any setup Fee 300.00 (average)
License Fee 300.00
Tax (8%) 768.88
= OTD price 10,979.88
this would be the dealer's cost with no profit... ???

If that price is with all of the above then please list your dealers phone number.......... cause he's nut's... :lol
I really don't think you paid that for an 06R1 in Cali.

That's $800 profit minus what they payed the mechanic to put fluid in. What's a "license fee"?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.