Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Know the TOE
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Maby he knows the dealer and he gave him a deal. :dunno I got $1K under MSRP but I also live in the wastelands of Iowa.:crash :sleep :sleep :sleep

· Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
R1LOVER said:
Do you know what OTD means?

Bike price 9611.00
Any setup Fee 300.00 (average)
License Fee 300.00
Tax (8%) 768.88
= OTD price 10,979.88
this would be the dealer's cost with no profit... ???

If that price is with all of the above then please list your dealers phone number.......... cause he's nut's... :lol
I really don't think you paid that for an 06R1 in Cali.
I've worked in the motorcycle industry in various aspects for 13 years, including several years working for dealers. Yes, I know what OTD means. Most of the "fees" dealers charge are bogus and simply ways to make it look like you're getting a better deal than you are.

'06 R1 Raven Dealer Cost is $9611 which INCLUDES shipping the bike to the dealer.
Yamaha's rate manual says setup is $50, not $300.

On my sale, the dealer made $850 and at the end of the model year they will get an additional $342 from Yamaha. $1200 profit is pretty good. Plus whatever incentive they get from financing.

If you shop around, you will always find a good deal, even here in CA.

· Registered
7,648 Posts
I understand what you are saying and good for you if you got that price in Cali. Typically the demand for these bikes in Cali makes the dealers hold there price pretty firm. If you were able to get them down than you did a greta job.

I know the fee's are B.S but it's the demand that let's them get away with it.

:beer :beer

· Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
Ya. None of the other dealers would budge off retail price. This is a small dealer that's trying to increase their customer base and their next closest Yamaha dealer likes to undercut everyone, so this dealer was happy to give me a good price and get my business without me playing the back-and-forth price matching game.

That's the key. Just find a small dealer that wants your business. They're all over, you just have to shop around until you find one.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.