Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Somebody stole my pants.
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to wait till January to actually purchase this, but my girlfriend decided to make it my Christmas present. So how could I wait? :) :boobies I put $500 down back in late September for a red one, told the dealer was going to wait till January to buy one. But thanks to my gf everything changed. I got it for $11900 out the door. Well before adding other things like some parts, and extended warranty. We went Friday morning to the dealer to trade my 02 Kawi 500 for this, ended up spending 3 hours dealing with parts, she told me to go ahead and max the card so I did.

Only parts I have so far right now, other on the way, flushies for the front, I think clear alternatives, unfortunately flat black, but I like how they look on them, had one at the dealership in the same red with these on. A seat cowl, and from the contests here a bit back, I got a DB windscreen, Puig I believe, and stainless front brake lines. Both red.

I picked it up around 5:00pm last night, nobody execpt me and the mechanics have even sat on it so far. They went to the warehouse and picked it up in a crate, the only reason I believe this is I was there to see them open the crate. Came back 2 hours later and drove off. Went out riding till 11:30pm last night. I kept the speed changing, kept it under 5000 RPMs. And all except 2 miles on it are mine. They gave it to me with just over 1 mile on it, from the dealerships test drive.

Like I said have lost of parts on the way, will keep posting as I get them. I am looking forward to track days and riding. Hopefully I can find some people to ride with in the Central Florida area. Look forward to truly being a part of the group now. :jump

Attachments

·
Somebody stole my pants.
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ohh forgot to ask, does anyone know if there is a way to change the display from blue to red? My friend's R6 seen in the first pic on the left, is in red and I like how it looks alot better. Thank you.

·
Somebody stole my pants.
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks will post more pics later in better lighting. Just wanted to get some on tonight before I forget again.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Ohh forgot to ask, does anyone know if there is a way to change the display from blue to red? My friend's R6 seen in the first pic on the left, is in red and I like how it looks alot better. Thank you.
Nice bike. Not for sure if the display will change colors. My R6 has the reddish/orange too. I like it better than the blue. Where abouts in Florida are you?

·
I Ride Alone.
2,491 Posts
Congrats and enjoy.

·
Custom Bike Builder
1,258 Posts
Congrats, can't wait to get my new one!

·
Somebody stole my pants.
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice bike. Not for sure if the display will change colors. My R6 has the reddish/orange too. I like it better than the blue. Where abouts in Florida are you?
I am in the Orlando area, to be more exact, Lake Mary area.

What you have there is a keeper. Both R1 and gf.
:) Tell me about it thanks.

And thank you everyone.

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:thumbup

Welcome to the family, good choice of bike. Enjoy evey moment and respect that throttle. I would advise you to read the "breaking in your engine" thread run a search, quite intresting topic.

As far as I know you can't change the colour of the display on the R1.

:fork Ride Safe :fork

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.