Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go!!!

Ernie from Millers Yamaha just called with the good news. He told me she's on a truck coming from the New Jersey warehouse and should arrive later today. This was a total shock to both of us! I was truly expecting her to arrive in mid to late May. I'm sooooo excited!!!

Saturday, I will be making the 5.5 hour drive to Lemont Furnance, PA. I asked to see her come straight out of the box. So I'm gonna have to leave pretty early in the morning to get there by 10 am when they open!

Good thing I ordered the 2015 R1 trailer restraint pins from www.pit-bull.com this past weekend as they were delivered yesterday.

WOOT WOOT!!! :jump

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
You lucky lucky bastid! Congrats bro! Can't wait to see what all you've got planned.

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You lucky lucky bastid! Congrats bro! Can't wait to see what all you've got planned.
Nothing crazy... I've ordered the Graves 3/4 system and flash from Shane. Sliders, windscreen, rearsets, integrated signals front and rear, tag eliminator and chain adjusters will probably be it.

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NICE!

Is the 2015 R1 PB TRS pin different from the current?
Yes it is, I don't know the difference though. I called and talked to George as I asked the same question.

I will be able to compare the 09-14 pin and the 15 pin tomorrow.

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called Ernie... my r1 arrived and he gave me the VIN.

JYARN39E6FA000964

Now my question is... does the R1M have different characters in the VIN? Saw a lot of R1M's with 40E. Where my R1 is 39E? Can someone else post up their 2015 R1 VIN here? I would appreciate it!

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good shit man, congrats. I am just sticking with my old girl, no new ride in my future. :(
Thank ya, Thank ya!

I've had 2000, 2005 & 2010... so 2015 was a given! Well, unless the 15 was just another 09-14 model I would of waited. :crash

9,408 Posts
Called Ernie... my r1 arrived and he gave me the VIN.

JYARN39E6FA000964

Now my question is... does the R1M have different characters in the VIN? Saw a lot of R1M's with 40E. Where my R1 is 39E? Can someone else post up their 2015 R1 VIN here? I would appreciate it!
Hey Kev, the only difference btwn your vin and mine is yours says 39E and mine says 40E, the rest is the same, besides the last digits obviously.

· For no ma'am
2,615 Posts
Here we go!!!

Ernie from Millers Yamaha just called with the good news. He told me she's on a truck coming from the New Jersey warehouse and should arrive later today. This was a total shock to both of us! I was truly expecting her to arrive in mid to late May. I'm sooooo excited!!!

Saturday, I will be making the 5.5 hour drive to Lemont Furnance, PA. I asked to see her come straight out of the box. So I'm gonna have to leave pretty early in the morning to get there by 10 am when they open!

Good thing I ordered the 2015 R1 trailer restraint pins from www.pit-bull.com this past weekend as they were delivered yesterday.

WOOT WOOT!!! :jump
wut... The only phone call I got today was from Macedonia :chair:
But the good news was Alexander (the guy calling) said he was about to acquire new real estate to the east, so I sent him some money. $1000 and 12 sheep(?) per acre, that last part was weird but whatever. You boys should jump on this one.

Congrats:)

· Administrator
27,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Kev, the only difference btwn your vin and mine is yours says 39E and mine says 40E, the rest is the same, besides the last digits obviously.
Thanks, but that was already a known fact as stated above. I'm looking for non R1M owners to chime in with their VIN.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.