Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
02 Blue R1
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to post, i got the call today while i was at the gym that my 04 R1 came in. it about dam time, im hearing all this that everyone else has gotten theirs its about time mine came in.
i rode my 02 all weekend cause its been nice out here in Jersey and im gonna hate to see her go, i have even thinking about going there tomorrow and passing on the whole deal and just keep what i got,
anyway just thought id get that out and let me know your opions about trading my 02 for the 04 which im about to do over the next few days (prob. thurs). especially after hearing mixed reveiws
thanx

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm being honest here. The 02 is a GREAT bike! If you like it, keep it. If trading in the 02 or selling the 02 is part of acquiring the 04.....u'll miss the 02 for about a min.

Once u get the 04 and start riding it....the 02 will start to fade and u'll still be happy.

I love my 02, all it needs right now is some new tires. I'm riding the 04 (to break it in) and enjoy till I get some new rubber for the 02. :)

There is a storm rolling into Southern CA, I hit Palomar Mtn this afternoon ahead of the rain. Here's a quick pic:

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Congrats, lets us know how it works out :hellobye

·
02 Blue R1
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for some of the feed back. Tarl in comparing the two bikes do you think that once i have the 04 ill like it much better? my onlyfear is that itll be underpowered down low like everyone keeps sommenting on, since i cant keepboth

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well this is the first R1 that I have owned so I can't comment/compare it to the older models. As far as low end power, it is up to the rider. I personally like more power down low and will be dropping a tooth in the front, but that is just my taste, and everybody is different. From what I hear it handles a lot better than the older models. Don't get me wrong, this bike has more than plenty of power, just at a higher rpm range. I personally love it and am so happy I got it. I know I will be keeping this bike for many many years. Like I said about the power down low, you can always take care of that with a little fix. :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts