Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 21 years I got terminated for making an accounting error. No severance, nothing.

Saw the movie Leaving Las Vegas, maybe not a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Sorry to hear that, zorgen. That's ****ed up. Hope you find work soon. In the meantime, take advantage of your time off and ride the wheels off your bike. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wow, that is [email protected]#$&d up! That is not right. Do you know if you're part of Union? I'm sure you've thought of all your options, but there has to be something you can do, if you wanted to. I'm curious...were you close to retiring? Some hack companies cut fire your @$$ just so they don't have to pay for your retirement or pension. Good luck bro...

·
Sheep dog
1,396 Posts
If you were hired at a time when there were procedures in place for employee termination, and these procedures were not followed, you may want to talk to a lawyer. If the error was made in good faith (it was a mistake, not on purpose), you may have a case. And after 21 years, for them to just fire you without severence, they seem to want to get over on you.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Is your company's name Enron? Why the hell would they fire someone that worked for over 2 decades over an accounting mistake (assuming the mistake was not intentional)? :mad:

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
Oh that sucks! :mad: :rant:

Sorry to hear that man. After that long...smells to me like they don't want to take a risk of you retiring on a pension. :fire

·
Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mackz said:
Is your company's name Enron? Why the hell would they fire someone that worked for over 2 decades over an accounting mistake (assuming the mistake was not intentional)? :mad:
I scheduled the movement of Natural Gas for the local unility here in Bellevue Washington. I don't remember making the error but I'll be the first to say I'm human and I probably did make the mistake, my first.

Funny thing is I was sick of my boss who was a screamer so I gave notice, left the job on an agreed day and had a new job lined up in the company to start the following Monday. Because of this error they recinded the new job offer and terminated me.

What I don't understand is how they can terminate me from a job after I've already left it.

Spoke with two lawyers about it and they both said the company can do anything to you at any time for any reason or no reason. Seems like a good reason to work for a union in the future....

·
need R1 so it can eat me
382 Posts
Sound like your boss didnt like you leaving his dept. He may have backstabbed you.
My previous boss cant stand me now because I got promoted past him. Now he wouln't do any work for me. (he's not my employee, but he's supposed to do things for me at times).

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
You were nice enough to give them a notice and quit. Mysteriously, they find out that you made a mistake and they fire you for that AFTER you quit. What a lame set-up. :no

·
Speed Demon
48 Posts
Mackz - FYI - my friends moms is the stunt double who did that scene in your sig. She was just put into the AMA motorcycle hall of fame 2 weeks ago as well.. she is one bad ass rider.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:(

I feel for you bro. Good luck finding a new job... I may be in the same boat soon as today is the 3rd pay day in a row with no check....

- BA

·
Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bpa00 said:

I feel for you bro. Good luck finding a new job... I may be in the same boat soon as today is the 3rd pay day in a row with no check....

- BA
Wow, that sucks man. Sound like your boss is having financial problems, wants you to work without pay. It's nice to hear from you again but I wish it was in better circumstances. I wish you the best, I hope you don't end up in my shoes, their not very comfortable.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. It nice to get the encouragement from everyone. Honestly, it helps.

:)

·
Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RexRR1 said:
Wow, that is [email protected]#$&d up! That is not right. Do you know if you're part of Union? I'm sure you've thought of all your options, but there has to be something you can do, if you wanted to. I'm curious...were you close to retiring? Some hack companies cut fire your @$$ just so they don't have to pay for your retirement or pension. Good luck bro...
No, unfortunately I'm not represented by a union..wish I was. They've really done me in financially..I'm looking for union work from this point on.

Thanks bud.

·
Together we R1
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zippy said:
Sorry to hear that, zorgen. That's ****ed up. Hope you find work soon. In the meantime, take advantage of your time off and ride the wheels off your bike. :)
And ride I will do...just have to wait for it to stop raining cats and dogs. Yeah, riding the one is a good cure for what ails ya. Thank god I paid cash for it.

:thumbup

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro.. that sucks big time! Don't worry you will find another job, just look at this as a blessing in diguise.. everything happens for a reason! Take care.. :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Don, man that sucks ass.:fact They should not have done that
to you. I'm glad you have the one paid off. I'm the one who sent
you my invoice from Alpha Motor Sports in S.C. to use as ammo
for your expensive dealers in your area. I hope you can find
something soon. Just hang in there bud and enjoy some riding.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Thats shitty Zorgen, I feel for ya. Sounds like your boss was a real dickhead anyway. Who knows, maybe this happens for a reason. Hope you find a job where you get paid even more, just to show that dickhead up. Either that or strike the lotto, and don't forget your forum buddies that all wished you well. :sneaky ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts