Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to replace my 05 cbr600rr with a 09 r1. Pretty much stock. Came with integrated brake light and flush mount front blinkers. Changed bulbs to leds, installed HIDs and zero gravity double bubble windscreen. Tank grips, shorty levers, rear spools , frame sliders and solo cowl in the mail. Future plans steel braided lines, slipon and rearsets. Just waiting on the snow to melt.....

Attachments

· My R1 go to warp drive
498 Posts
The stock rearset scrape easily, remove the feelers and move the rearset to the upper slot, problem solved until you buy rearsets.
flash the ecu to unleash some hp and do the airbox mod after you have the slip-on and a ypipe

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
where are you located? I dont recall the 09 coming in Gray? i thought it was 11 overseas and 12 in Us

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
where are you located? I dont recall the 09 coming in Gray? i thought it was 11 overseas and 12 in Us
well that nose is def. not a 12, wasnt there a gray in 2010, maybe it was a Canadian model, i seem to recall something of the sort.. but good question, there was no Gray in US on 2009,

i would have bought it :D

also, this was the Aussie version in 2010 as well :fork

· Registered
183 Posts
Enjoy mate. Slip ons and reworking the stock suspension are a must for this bike.
It's truly a wonderful package. Significantly more emotionally involving compared to the CBR 1000RR even though those 1000rr.net boys will argue this till their face turns blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.