Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
60th Anniversary
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have just joined up, My names Grant I am from the Central Coast in Australia, I just picked up my 60th Anniversary R1 a couple of days ago and already love it to bits, It has an Akra pipe(Not standard here in Aus),some carbon bits and a 200 rear tyre I bought it off a guy that bought it to store away and unfortunately lost his job so needed to sell, So now it will get ridden as its supposed to " Well as good as I can do anyway"
I go downstairs and look it about 10 times a day, I cant ride it yet as I need to put back on the road gear ie plate holder, mirrors,turn signals etc
So a few more days away yet

Attachments

·
60th Anniversary
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got that for a good price mate, did you have any issues registering it for the first time ? I was trying to scrape together the money to buy it myself.
Yeah I scored a bargain, Getting it registered tomorrow, I just have to refit mirrors and number plate bracket with blinkers should be an easy process.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Guys, I have just joined up, My names Grant I am from the Central Coast in Australia, I just picked up my 60th Anniversary R1 a couple of days ago and already love it to bits, It has an Akra pipe(Not standard here in Aus),some carbon bits and a 200 rear tyre I bought it off a guy that bought it to store away and unfortunately lost his job so needed to sell, So now it will get ridden as its supposed to " Well as good as I can do anyway"
I go downstairs and look it about 10 times a day, I cant ride it yet as I need to put back on the road gear ie plate holder, mirrors,turn signals etc
So a few more days away yet
Same as mine! it really is like riding a super six with 60 BHP added! the weather sucks at the moment but I can not wait to ride this year!
I'm planning a trip to Sardinia in July!

·
60th Anniversary
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enjoy yours aswell, I just switched to Metzeler K3 tyres, Awesome.... If you do some rain riding which I dont the M7RR are great too

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
I am curious about your username, Glockster. Are you a fan of Glocks? I didn't think you guys had hand guns in AU.

·
60th Anniversary
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glockster

I do like Glocks but thats not what the user name represents, Its a combination of my first and last name, Though I did get to fire a Glock 17 in Thailand which was an experience and yes Handguns are mostly banned in Australia

I am curious about your username, Glockster. Are you a fan of Glocks? I didn't think you guys had hand guns in AU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts