Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a local tuner Dyno'd a stock US r1m it made 173hp. I've seen a lot of people posting about what a US bike will make so I tjought I would share that. I pick mine up today and will have it tuned by the same place soon. When I get it done I will post the graphs.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
thanks for sharing, yeh a local bloke posted it on our local forum as well, as we're just north of Wa state in BC here...

173hp and 77ft lbs dyno'd by Nels yesterday on a stock R1M, Washington state

if anybody still thinks these bikes are putting down anything less than a 170rwhp STOCK they clearly dont have a bloody clue what they're talking about, and there's several of 'em :lol :shake

· Live 2 Ride
77 Posts
So that's a US version? Just trying to verify thanks.

10,318 Posts
I hear ya, like you're going to lose 40 HP from the crank to the rear wheel.
to even suggest it clearly shows how little people know about drivetrain deficiencies, but it is a big chunk we're losing on crappy ecu programming,
12-15hp loss is absurd as it is, i cannot imagine picking up a brand new '15 R1 and be satisfied with 15x at the wheel :hammer:

So that's a US version? Just trying to verify thanks.
yes, the shop in question is located near Seattle, Washington.. the bikes have been arriving on n. American soil over the past month, this bike obviously is running an US ecu :yesnod

· Registered
104 Posts
I had my Euro spec run yesterday

193RWHP with a akrapovic slip on and Pirelli super corsa road tyres.

will report back when i get the link pipe and flash tune on.

Dont stress guys I'm sure your bikes will be close to 200 after you pull off some of the emissions BS

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Assuming that's something that's extremely easy to fix with a tune though right?

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Thanks! I figured as much but my bike is an 05 so it's a bit behind the ECU flashing days of today :lol

:33:

10,318 Posts
Can we publicly shame the Retards that were bitching about the low hp numbers with no proof lol
dude, dont even get me started... :butt :nono:

tard here... check!

:hammer: :bow :2bitchsla

i would even go so far as saying the same bike with Canadian ecu would likely make a little more than the US, and both will loosen up a bit more by 3k miles so yeah, low HP is not an issue with this bike :no

· 2ND is the first LOSER!
760 Posts
Assuming that's something that's extremely easy to fix with a tune though right?
Yes, There will be a few different ways to get the 10hp back.. There is going to be a track-race ECU which will re-tune plus turn off the lights and it will also disable the ubs and give a front wheel race abs and lots of other goodies. Then there will also be tune options for the stock ecu to change the mapping and things.. I will give full update when I pick my M up next week.

· SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll be having mine tunned by Nels at 2 wheel dyno works soon. Also noteworthy that number is without ram air I'm sure at speed it will gain a few more ponies.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.