Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
i eat my R1
57 Posts
hi, irelands good, shit roads here gravel on every corner, to keep a constant 200kph is something ! reason why there good at road racing been following that this year, was at gp donny this year about 20 of the boys came over great weather, was last stunting at the ace in 04 on streetfighters day more 'stunt riders day' should be on iq18 pa2, if veggie ever gets it finished ?, prob be over nearer xmas, i always make a visit to the ace to see where there at , i hear the police are trying to close it down ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi, irelands good, shit roads here gravel on every corner, to keep a constant 200kph is something ! reason why there good at road racing been following that this year, was at gp donny this year about 20 of the boys came over great weather, was last stunting at the ace in 04 on streetfighters day more 'stunt riders day' should be on iq18 pa2, if veggie ever gets it finished ?, prob be over nearer xmas, i always make a visit to the ace to see where there at , i hear the police are trying to close it down ?
They are trying to shut it down like Chelsea bridge a few guys have F**ked it up for the masses.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I heard that too about the ace ... last sunday the marshalls were stopping anyone attempting to stunt ... i'm surprised they let things get as bad as they had ... over the last year some guys have caused havoc there ......

lets hope the ace gets though this as it would be a disaster to loose ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I stay away from places like the Ace now, too many dicks who think they are Gary Rothwell(a convicted bike thief if you ever wondered how he funded his stunting just add two and two together). Dicks attract police, police mean points points don't mean prizes.

·
i eat my R1
57 Posts
its all true, the main problem was the crowds, they kept on walking out in the road plus there was 20+ trying to stunt at the same time, heard from someone there they hit a spectator who was standing in the road then they made a claim against him, as we bikers know stand well back.

·
The Voices Told Me To Do It!
167 Posts
Hi all.. this thread has been quiet for a while, and now is starting to liven up a bit!! I tried to get a reapers squadron trip to the moto gp at le mans this year up and rolling but nothing came of it.. and boy what they missed!!

any of you want to go in 07? camping in BLUE and arriving thu night..

Andy

·
i eat my R1
57 Posts
hi andy

will keep le mans in mind, a friend of mine is trying to organise the nurberg ring , so much to do next year ! so little money !,

·
i eat my R1
57 Posts
any one doing the TT this year ? i might be there pratice week and start of race week, hopefully will have a 07 ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
difficult for me to make plans for this year as right now i'm selling up in the Uk with plans on buying a place in France ... have sold but not yet bought ... would love to do the tt this year and when i end up in France will have lots of choices of countries i can jump on the bike and ride to ... Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany etc etc .. so maybe do a MotoGp rounds this year ...

of course anyone that fancies a trip to france will be welcome to call in ....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts