Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· slowest rider ..rides in front
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about a carbonfiber undertail and wham!!! there it was under "Appearance products"

so I decided to share w/ those of you who might of missed it :D

· fire!fire!fire!
10 Posts
Sebimoto makes em for the 99. Look around the site more. You'll find it.

On a different note, has anyone done business w/OPP? I'm going
to buy a solo seat, and I like the lights they offer, specially if I
can get an r1 upper with one offset light like the r6 upper
they offer. Any impressions?

spark

· Registered
19 Posts
Hey R1,

I know what you mean...I have a 98 R1 and tails are as hard to find as hell... but I do believe that those opp tails are 98-99.... (actually I checked on the site and they are). If not there is always the Extreme Graphic Tail or Dussault Undertails ...and of course there are always eurotails and other crap...

9,338 Posts
Hey Hal, I think what we should do on this thread is have every1 post a pic of an undertail wit the link so we can get a broad view of whats out there and what looks cool. I personally like this 1 but the site is in french and I don't speak it. I'm also wondering if I have to replace the whole tail to get that look? What do u think? I'm in the market 4 a tail, just wanna get something that know1's ever seen B4. And I also wanna get a tail that's as high as possible, that look just makes it look so sick!!! Here's the link 2 their site...
http://www.flamingocorse.it/frame_moto.htm
Suggestions any1?

· you can't have my last beer
3,583 Posts
www.texasfairing.com

[email protected]@alltimes said:
Hey Hal, I think what we should do on this thread is have every1 post a pic of an undertail wit the link so we can get a broad view of whats out there and what looks cool.
Here is a pic of mine I put on a few weeks ago. I was told not to go with Texas Fairing before, but I took a chance because my freind already had the tail and it looked really good. I work about 20 min from the place, so I didn't have to mess with shipping, I just went and picked it up on my lunch hour. I also got the matching blinkers, but no pics yet. I need to do a little tweaking to get them flush with the fairing. I'm happy with the overall look of it.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Hey R1... Great idea !

Here are the tails I was talking about... (and prices).

Extreme Graphic Tail : $289 (us) :bs
color matched and shipped

Dussault Undertail : $349 (US) :confused:

Eurotail GP with blinkers: $299 (us) colored + s&h

Eurotail GP (no blinks) : $259 (us) colored + s&h

Personnaly I think all these prices are bullshit... these are exorbitant prices and no person in their right mind should pay more than $100 (CAN) for these !!! Anyway that my rant for today

· you can't have my last beer
3,583 Posts
Wazup [email protected]@alltimes,

The price they have on it right now is $287. The clear lenses are $45 extra. They seem to run a lot of 10% off deals, so I got it for around $300 before tax. Some people have had a lot of problems dealing with this company. One guy had so many problems he dedicated a website to it:

http://sportbikeguy.com/texasfairing.html

I took a chance on them (since I knew I could have it my hand before I paid for it) and it worked out for me. I can't say everybody would be so lucky.

The one thing I thought was a nice touch is the R1 sticker underneath. It would be something I think I would have added if I went with another tail.

· slowest rider ..rides in front
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
these tails don't seem to hard to replicate .. and everyone is selling these for over $200 + USD ... when I have the time I'm going to create a mold and make replicas of these freaken things .. and no they won't cost $399 ... :yesnod

I say about $99.99 each:D

9,338 Posts
HAL, I like the Eurotail GP(no blinkers, but u could always get an integrator kit, right?) with the Libertech lights shown on the Dussault tail. Whatever tail I get, it's gotta fit those LED lights, their sweet. And also, I really don't want turn blinkers, prefer 2 integrate it. What do u think?

CALVIN, I think ur right. It is a Bos undertail made 4 the underseat exhaust. I like that tail, but I don't like the rear lights included. I prefer Libertech LED's. I found a better pic of it, c what I mean

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
R1...

You're right... it does look a lot better without the blinkers, plus intergration kit are really cheap... only problem is, that those libertek lights cost an arm and a leg !!! I'm telling you, these guys are really charging the big bucks for all their stuff...

Check these out !

For us (98 & 99 R1) = $250 (US) :bs (ONLY FOR THE LEDs) + $12 for the bracket !!!!!

That is unbelievably expensive considering each led light is like $0.02 !!! (a guy I know has a toy company and they often buy LEDs at a price ranging from $.02 to $.05 !!)

If you buy the extreme tail they sell it for $564 (us) with the libertek crap !!

You see, that's the only reason why I haven't purchased and undertail yet... to damn expensive... for that price I can get a full dainese suit !!!!! or a hell of a exhaust system or even a new helmet... anyway.... that's just me ranting as always !!!

9,338 Posts
Hal, I know, ur right dude, the tails and lights R a rip-off. but what can we do? I've been 2 their site and it is pricey, but then again, isn't this stuff new and all. I'm sure it'll go down in price by the summer, hopefully. ( I am refering 2 Libertech lights). I saw them on a gixxer this wknd, they look hot. The bike wasn't on but I could imagine how kewl those lights would look like if they were on. Oh well, group buy any1?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.