Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Squid
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my dilema, need an adjustable kickstand for my 2008 r1, but the only one I found is from 58 cylces. It states that it fits 1998-2008, which would mean that all those years have the same kickstand. Can anyone confirm that the kickstands between those years, primarily the 04-06 and 70-08 have no differences? The odd thing is, I have been looking around and found no one except 58cycle.com that carries a one for an 07-08, and I dont want to commit to a $150 kickstand if it wont fit.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/adj kick r1.htm

· Registered
11 Posts
i think they are the same but i got my adjustable kickstand for my 07 from tobefast.com and their sticker says from like 02-07 r1. i just went back to their site and looked up my bike again and it said that there were no available kickstands for the 07-08. hmmmm. when i installed it though i had to put a few washers into the rearset and had to find a better fitting spring because the stock one was way too stretched out. i paid 140 for mine. id get that one from that site. i bet it will work. may need a lil adjusting like mine.

· Squid
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanks for the reply, will problaby try that one... just one questions, actually, a few... did you notice anything different, look wise between the two? and, what did the washers do for the rearset?

Did you lower your bike? if so, which link did you use?

Thanks.

· Over doing it
703 Posts
The kickstands from '98 thru '08 are pretty much the same compatibility wise. They have been different lengths through the years and the '04+ models have aluminum legs.

I just put an '07 kickstand on my '01 and you only have to weld a 1/2 inch pad to the bottom of the foot to make it long enough. Easy way to save a half pound!

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
I thought that they were the same also but we pulled them down for some reason on the 07-08's .. Shoot me a PM and I can check first thing for you in the morning and get them back up if needed... :)

Thanks..

· Registered
12 Posts
Heres my dilema, need an adjustable kickstand for my 2008 r1, but the only one I found is from 58 cylces. It states that it fits 1998-2008, which would mean that all those years have the same kickstand. Can anyone confirm that the kickstands between those years, primarily the 04-06 and 70-08 have no differences? The odd thing is, I have been looking around and found no one except 58cycle.com that carries a one for an 07-08, and I dont want to commit to a $150 kickstand if it wont fit.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/adj kick r1.htm

so just out of curiosity, why you gotta change the kickstand on the 08 r1. i've got an 08 r1 also and the kickstand works fine. just curious.

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
so just out of curiosity, why you gotta change the kickstand on the 08 r1. i've got an 08 r1 also and the kickstand works fine. just curious.
To put a billet one on it or to have adjustability for lowering the bike and drag racing it..

btw... We are mounting up a kickstand on my 07 to check the fitment :) I'll post up as soon as it's done.

· Banned
31,992 Posts
The kickstands from '98 thru '08 are pretty much the same compatibility wise. They have been different lengths through the years and the '04+ models have aluminum legs.

I just put an '07 kickstand on my '01 and you only have to weld a 1/2 inch pad to the bottom of the foot to make it long enough. Easy way to save a half pound!
so the 98-03 are 1/2 inch SHORTER than the 04+?.....damm, i actually need a LONGER kickstand.:(

· Squid
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wasent gonna bring it up to bring out peoples opinions on lowering/suspension, but im lowering my bike 2in and needed an adjustable.. The one on 58 cycle drops to 1.75in lower than stock.

Just found it kinda odd that they have a adj kickstand listed for 98-08. 11 years and 3 types of R1 models, but they have just one universal fit. Not to mention I spent countless hours trying to locate one for an 07-08, but could not find one.

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
knew they would fit. ran across one similar and it had one on it. also i have 00 stand on my 04 that was cut and welded already. didnt know 04 were aluminum back when i got mine till i took it off.

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
I don't believe it. Post a pic of it on your '07.........and be sure and stand back about 15 feet so we can make sure it's an '07. :crash

It's in pieces ... lol Well sorta.. Breaking it down for CHROME and BLING soon though! hahahahahahahahaha

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.