Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a pingel air shifter kit with adjustable kill time. The kit is for 4 coil bikes but i was wondering if the same kill unit can be used on a 2000 R1 witch is only a two coil machine.

The directions say ...for a 4 coil bike to just go to the negative side of the coil on all 4 coils. The little harness from the kill box has 4 wires ...so can i go to the 4 wires on my 2000 r1 coils ( even though ther are only two coils) and it will do the same job?

·
Still Slow
289 Posts
i have never messed with a pingel kit but i would say jus hook it to the ground of your 2 coils and leave the other 2 wires comin from the box alone. may want to call pingel and see if they cann help you out. most of the shifters i have used can be adapted to a 2 coil bike though.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
sure it will work.. but i would call pingel just in case. but i think ur right. just hook it to 2 coils and leave other wires. now sometimes its important which wires you hook up to #1 coil.. not sure if its that way on pingel. but be good to ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will call pingel on monday to be sure but i think you guys are right! Any chance on seeing pics of the way you guys mounted your shift cylindes on your bikes? I have a couple of ideas but someone else may have a better idea....ecspecially when i will be riding on the street alot and i would like it as far away from my feet as possible.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.