Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

421 - 429 of 429 Posts

·
almost there.. Not yet a owner
7 Posts
Attention everyone this is a notice to remind you of our appointment with WCW on August 3rd for professional suspension adjustments. Please respond and let me know if you are going for sure so I can give a head count, and so I can start planning a time and meeting place for that morning.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm so confused by this whole offset thing. We're talking mm at a time. Wouldn't you get the same result adding a link to your chain and moving the rear wheel back or is this actually changing the rake angle? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
I'm so confused by this whole offset thing. We're talking mm at a time. Wouldn't you get the same result adding a link to your chain and moving the rear wheel back or is this actually changing the rake angle? Just curious.
What offset thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The pages before they’re talking about offsets and changing the triple clamp at the bars and there changing it by MM. How much difference can moving the bars forward 3 MM matter. Wouldn’t adding or removing a link to your chain do just about the same thing by lengthening or shortening your wheelbase? Idk seems like a lot of work and money for not much change. Raising and lowering the forks or rear end along with moving the rear wheel forward and back would be much cheaper and give you the same results. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can’t figire out how to edit a post using mobile browser. Lol!! But I wanted to ask how does moving the forks forward and back by mere millimeters make a difference? Unless I’m misunderstanding what is being done. Are they changing the rake angle of the forks or just moving them forward or back?

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
I thought that's what you were talking about, but hard to tell when bringing up a 9+ year old discussion and no quotes.

The offset triple clamps will adjust trail ultimately. It can be a useful adjustment depending on what has been done to the heights on the front and rear of the chassis.

421 - 429 of 429 Posts
About this Discussion
428 Replies
167 Participants
DanQ
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing