Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,585 Posts
You even read my post? Who said.anything about a heel?

·
Premium Member
11,695 Posts
Something I have been struggling with is my toe hits before my knee.

I have a few pics from the TD photog took that I screen shot, and you can clearly see that my toe and knee are on the same plane, but the toe is slightly lower.

Yes, the ball of my foot is on the end of the peg. I can move the peg up a notch, but it makes my knee/leg quite uncomfortable, which makes it harder to move around. Any other ideas?

I won't post the pic because I didn't pay for it....but you could pm me ;-)
That’s the only thing I can think of. Your pegs are too low. Might be uncomfortable but might have to get use to it.

·
Just Me.
283 Posts
You even read my post? Who said.anything about a heel?
Typically, when a person's foot makes contact with the ground, it's an indication of bad footing/body postion. Sometimes, riders don't keep the front of their foot/their toes on the pegs when shifting body position into curves. This leads to the middle or heel of their foot is resting on the peg (bad footing). Other times, it's from incorrect rearset placement for someone's stature - you will mostly see this with aftermarket rearsets.

At times, you will see pro racers with the middle/heel of their foot resting on the peg, but it's mostly the outside foot which is on the other side of the bike from the direction of lean. Hence, while in any given corner, the outside foot can't hit the ground.

·
10,585 Posts

·
10,585 Posts
That’s the only thing I can think of. Your pegs are too low. Might be uncomfortable but might have to get use to it.
I might move it up one hole and see if I can deal with it....Worth a shot. Gear also gave me some tips about my upper body, so we will see if that helps too.

·
Just Me.
283 Posts
Sportbike seating positions are typically uncomfortable. Legs, arms, shoulders, back, etc. Your body will eventually get use to it.

Every year when I start riding again, my left wrist hurts for about a day from using the clutch. Then, I get used to it. Riding on the ball of my foot/toes was uncomfortable when I was taught how at my first trackday. Now, it feels lazy and awkward not to ride like that. Gradual steps, and you'll get there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Something I have been struggling with is my toe hits before my knee.

I have a few pics from the TD photog took that I screen shot, and you can clearly see that my toe and knee are on the same plane, but the toe is slightly lower.

Yes, the ball of my foot is on the end of the peg. I can move the peg up a notch, but it makes my knee/leg quite uncomfortable, which makes it harder to move around. Any other ideas?

I won't post the pic because I didn't pay for it....but you could pm me ;-)
Can you PM me the picture please and I'll see if I notice anything about your position. What is your upper body doing? Is it hanging off the side of the bike? For example, if you are going left are you leaning off the bike to the left or staying in the middle of the seat? Body position affects how much lean angle you carry so you may be carrying excess lean angle which means that pegs/toes can scrape before knees....there are other factors, small changes in foot position, overall body position, how quickly you are turning the bike.... let's look first at overall body position and foot position but you should address it :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts