Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the first pictures of KTM's new RC8 1000cc V-twin superbike.

The RC8 has a tubular steel chassis with a solid aluminium swingarm, the most compact V-twin engine in its class making 130bhp, race-spec WP suspension, and a class-leading 175kg weight. But it is not expected to be ready for production until 2006 and will cost an estimated £10,000.

What ya'll think of it? The exhaust is something new but im not sure whether i like it or not... Dont like the front...

Attachments

·
I speed therefore I am.
566 Posts
Very extreme in its looks. It's too angular in the same way that the Suzukis are too blunted.

·
BANNED!
3,989 Posts
i like different designs like that, i think it looks:boobies

looks like you might get some lift from that nose though

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
That's a computer generated image right???

It's too boxy, but I kinda like it...

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
r1wheeled said:
KTM'S VISION IS TO DOMINATE WSB ACCORDING TO THE OWNER

BETTER REDISIGN THAT HEAD LITE THO
And the side, and the tail, and the tank, oh hell just start from the front and work backwards. I'm curious as to what the spec sheet will look like. I love the Duke cuz it's just a torqumonster. Almost bought that before I got my One. Could be an interesting turnout. Anyone seen the "Made in USA" 1000cc Superbike in one of the magazines last month? All American frame and body with an Aprillia Mille engine. Schweet!! :rock

·
Illuminati
1,065 Posts
Gonna burn your foot at stoplights.

K

·
0 Posts
well, i absolutly love it.

im waiting till 06 to get a new bike, and that thing looks :boobies

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Definitely redesign the front headlight.. dual R1 head lights.. and that thing would be a WINNER!

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Way too Buelesq. I can do nothing but cringe when I look at that exhaust. The rest of the bike does nothing to help out either. The only hope that bike has is unquestionable racing prowess. Cuz as we all know, with success comes admiration no matter how fugly the machine may be.

·
No Need for a Title
3,768 Posts
dude thats fvcking sweet, I been riding and racing KTM'S for a few years now, and I'd have to say if they make I'll have to have one, they build the best off road bike IMO so I would wunna check it out for sure

1 - 20 of 34 Posts