Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the kushitani Brazilian leather suits?
They claim they are the exact same and just leather is diff.
i know it's a shot in the dark as most people don't use the brand....
The cost difference is a lot and would be worth it if they felt similar . Many thanks

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,640 Posts
This being the first time I've heard of the brand, no, I have no first-hand experience.

However, I wouldn't expect Japanese cow leather to be the same as Brazilian, unless they imported some...

Brands like RS Taichi flaunt the slightly thicker Japanese cow leather as being more durable (plus they sold screen print leathers to the public earlier than a lot of other brands, I think). No knock against Brazilian, though. Brazilian and Argentinian leather can be very good quality. Alpinestars, Spidi, Dainese (I think), and others source from South America.

So, if the grade and construction is high quality, I think a Brazilian leather suit/jacket/whatever will do just fine for you.

·
Super Moderator
24,557 Posts
I've never heard of them either... I would be leary about buying something from them too. Ask them how long they have been in business.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Know they make good gear. I have some gloves that rock. I just wonder if some of the amazing feel people rave about would be lost on the lesser quality leather. Apparently they are anal about the leather, even controlling farm condition of animal. . Yea they are not so heard of caus they do not sponsor or give priority to racers. Even famous people have the same wait time . So you have to buy and get no special treatment Unlike other brands that pay money on top of free gear and give priority to you. But people say they are awesome . I have seen gp people wear them in previous years . Iom as well. They been in business 73 years. Iam sure it will cut the mustard I was just wondering if anyone had experience but I think iam out of luck . Not to stressed about it. Thanks

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,640 Posts
The "farm condition" is probably down to things like whether they're free range, at least based off what I have been told. Cattle kept in by barbed wire are more likely to have snags, gashes, and generally more imperfections in their hide. This practice is less common on South American cattle farms, supposedly.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,945 Posts
Has anyone ever used the kushitani Brazilian leather suits?
They claim they are the exact same and just leather is diff.
i know it's a shot in the dark as most people don't use the brand....
The cost difference is a lot and would be worth it if they felt similar . Many thanks
Kushitani has been around for a while, I first got a pair of their gloves about 20 years ago, always high quality. They have always focused on their racing products, less so on the commercial side. If you can get a deal on a suit with a different source for leather, I'd do it. Fit is more of a factor for me, followed by price. GL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Absolute top quality suits,Leather quality and Suppleness is what they pride themselfes on, and i'm sure they would not put their name on any inferior leather.From what I've read they source some material from Brazil for the price compared to Japanese leather and hence make their suits affordable to more riders. Pretty sure all their suits are still made in Japan to their quality standards.Back in the 80's-90's I remember them being priced way above any other brand.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,945 Posts
They still ain't cheap. Looks like they might produce some in Korea. Always liked the Mt. Fuji logo...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts