2,625 Posts
ar$efcvkingreak said:
Ah ok,i bend over for you to correct me :butt... and it's free :thumbup
At least it drops your name from last posted :p

·
Let the $ be spent
2,625 Posts
fc2k said:
i'd just like to say that i had nothing to do with this thread being stickied. :fact
I think gixxerclown has a lot to do with his keyboard being sticky? :dunno

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
since this is a sticky now, i reckon it may as well be the 190 tyre fryers track section :D

and with that said, i almost flipped my R1 yesterday down the main straight

came out of the corner in 2nd and i had been giving the throttle a little whack.. i guess starting to practice my 2nd gear powerups. i was just lifting the front up a little bit and trying to hold it there you know like you see on the superbikes and motoGP eheh.. one of the track instructors came out to follow me around for a bit too see how fast i was actually going round, after he saw me doing it

but he missed my 10 clock >13000RPM 2nd gear moment.. im not too sure how fast that is (im on stock sprockets so if anyone wants to figure it out)

when the RPM hit about 12500 it just STOOD UP FARK and at the speed i was doing the wind resistance felt like it was still pushing the bike up threatening to flip even with the throttle chopped ack

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
fc2k said:
heheh.. fun and games.. i bet you took a nice little bite out of your seat too. :crash
i dont recall getting the ole squish-Oh, at the time it seemed to be coming down way too slowly.. :blush

oh and my sphincter is tight alla time thx :thumbup

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
r1_dav3 said:
since this is a sticky now, i reckon it may as well be the 190 tyre fryers track section :D

and with that said, i almost flipped my R1 yesterday down the main straight

came out of the corner in 2nd and i had been giving the throttle a little whack.. i guess starting to practice my 2nd gear powerups. i was just lifting the front up a little bit and trying to hold it there you know like you see on the superbikes and motoGP eheh.. one of the track instructors came out to follow me around for a bit too see how fast i was actually going round, after he saw me doing it

but he missed my 10 clock >13000RPM 2nd gear moment.. im not too sure how fast that is (im on stock sprockets so if anyone wants to figure it out)

when the RPM hit about 12500 it just STOOD UP FARK and at the speed i was doing the wind resistance felt like it was still pushing the bike up threatening to flip even with the throttle chopped ack

what corner? turn 12 at phillip island?

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts

turn 1 this track :)

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
AHG's track, its a relatively new track near Perth airport

·
Let the $ be spent
2,625 Posts
uMerW said:
how big is it ... how many kms?
very simple looking ... nertheless better than nothing i suppose :yesnod
Dammit Ali... to me it looks like heaven... because we have nothing to play on but the streets :(

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
uMerW said:
how big is it ... how many kms?
very simple looking ... nertheless better than nothing i suppose :yesnod
yes you are correct, i think it might have been designed as a training track rather than a race track.. it is managed by some group called DTEC driver training

for scale the main straight is 500m total is 1.6km

Dammit Ali... to me it looks like heaven... because we have nothing to play on but the streets
yeah i love it, its close and its relaxed and its cheap at $65

also i dont need to tape up anything or wire up anything, and ive definately slowed up on the street since ive been riding it

and also there are rider trainers attending each session who you can talk to and get feedback on things like form and lines ect

and it seems to me that there will almost always be one or two guys (or girls ;)) attending who are experienced track riders checking out the place and i try to pick their brains as well

81 - 100 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.