Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the misfortune of being able to test them out last month (December) while riding home from the local Yamaha dealership.

My memory of the incident is pretty vague. The only thing I can recall clearly is making the right turn from the stop sign. I can't remember the rear end breaking loose or even hitting the ground.

Anyway -
Considering the fact that only protection I purchased were CF swing arm covers I got from Super Bike Unlimited, the overall damage was minimal. Once I regained my senses and signed the EMT/EMS waiver, I rode the bike home.

The swing arm cover absorbed all of the rash that would have been inflicted on the swing arm. There isn't one scratch on it. The wheel stand spool snapped off and the cover still remained attached only being held on by the bolt used for the chain guard. I only used the bolts to mount them - didn't use any adhesives or double-sided tape -

Enough yapping - pics below

Damage Detail I

Damage Detail II

Damage Detail III

Zero damage on swing arm

Installation prior to accident

Needless to say... I'll be purchasing them again

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, everyone -
We went back the following day to sort of figure out what happened.
Dried road salt residue/dust and crack sealer are a pretty slippery combination.

Justin at Super Bike Unlimited has been a great help.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,404 Posts
Thanks, everyone -
We went back the following day to sort of figure out what happened.
Dried road salt residue/dust and crack sealer are a pretty slippery combination.

Justin at Super Bike Unlimited has been a great help.
They are just great peeps :fact

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update -

I have to send out a special thanks again to Justin and Super Bike Unlimited for their awesome customer service.
I'm one step closer to getting the bike back on the road -

Replaced the rash'd side fairings with some 1carbontech CF and the rash'd stator cover with a Woodcraft unit.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Update -

I have to send out a special thanks again to Justin and Super Bike Unlimited for their awesome customer service.
I'm one step closer to getting the bike back on the road -

Replaced the rash'd side fairings with some 1carbontech CF and the rash'd stator cover with a Woodcraft unit.
no way...sup man...ive been talking to u on google+ lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for this writeup! We're a Woodcraft dealer also, for future reference :).
ill be ordering this, rear hugger and frame cover in a few months before returning home....do you guys usually have these in stock, or need some time in ordering them? just trying to plan my time out right

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
We typically have them in stock, but it's wise to check with us 3 weeks before you need them to ensure we have everything you need. Between dealer/customer orders, we occasionally run out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
gotcha!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts