Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a few of us are gonna be heading to Deal's Gap this weekend to enjoy the nice weather and get some good riding in. We aren't sure of the details of where we are staying yet, but will probably know tonight.

Just a head's up if anyone wants to join us.

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
Dam weather doesnt look to good for Sat . morning , wanna take another look at it thurs night ?

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, let's do that. I would like to go if the weather cooperates at all. I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend.

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
I have lots to do but nothing I cant put off another couple of days . If that weather system looks like it will get past the mountains before Sat. morning then I say we go for it ! Looks like GaTech is about to beat Duke !:lol :lol

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BKR1 said:
Hey Chad , maybe we could make it an ORV trip instead !?
Now we are talking:yesnod Then it doesn't matter if there is a little rain. Anywhere particular in mind?

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
I would say Brown Mtn . but we have been there . How about either Brushy Mtn in NC or Durhamtown you have talked about ? If we met fri. night , ride all day sat . , I could get home sat night and still get some things done sun . that would be pretty cool . But if we had to because of weather , we could leave early sat. morning , meet at lunch ride , camp out or get a room if its cold , ride a little sun and go home ?

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meeting Friday night is fine with me wherever we go. Any of those 3 places is fine with me. If we did Durhamtown, then the 2 guys that I rode with a couple of weeks ago may join us, but I haven't talked to them. Whichever place you want to go is fine with me. Not sure if Brown Mtn. is open or not though. It might be closed until April 1st. Most of the Ga State ORV trails are that way. Durhamtown does has 2 cool MX tracks and a harescamble trail. But it really doesn't matter to me.

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked www.georgiaoffroad.com and it says that Brown Mtn is closed from Jan. 1-March 15th. So I guess that one is out.

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
How far are you from Brushy ? I am three and a half to four hours . I am about 5 hrs from Durhamtown . I think Durhamtown looks like a really cool place but it is a bit of a hike for me . lets talk again tom . and look at the weather . I'm gonna crash now !( go to bed that is ) :lol

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am guessing I am around 4 hours from Brushy. We can look at the weather tomorrow and decide what we want to do.

I just looked on Brushy's website. If you are camping you have to get there before they close. And that is 1 hour before dark. So if we were to go there we would have to get there saturday. I am sure Durhamtown is the same way. We can just look at the weather tomorrow and go from there. It may get better for the Gap.:dunno

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
I dont think the weather is going to cooperate !! I am watching it right now (thurs morning ) and it doesnt look to good , we can look again tonite and make our decision . I would be better off with my responsibilities if we wait one more weekend , The main reason I wanted to trythis weekend is that I thought the weather was going to :rock but now it doesnt look that way !? :(

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is cool. We can look again tonight and make sure, but it ain't looking to good.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Have fun, I'll be stuck here at work. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend too. :cryin

·
Registered
15 Posts
looks like I will be up at the gap this weekend . saturday afternoon if it clears up and most likley sunday with some other guys from knoxville.

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya'll have fun and be careful. We are gonna go dirtbiking in Ga instead of chancing the rain at the Gap. To far to chance it. We will be up there soon enough.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's pizzing rain on the Gap at the moment... it'll be bleedin' waterlogged tomorrow morning. :-( Thank god for Speed Channel and Superbike racing.

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
dardas said:
It's pizzing rain on the Gap at the moment... it'll be bleedin' waterlogged tomorrow morning. :-( Thank god for Speed Channel and Superbike racing.
Speed 's coverage of the Supercross has been AWESOME ! 3 hrs of coverage , same day . I hate I am going to miss Sat. live races but I will record them .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah it's raining at the house right now but should clear off by late morning and it's only a 25 minute ride to the gap.

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BKR1 said:
Speed 's coverage of the Supercross has been AWESOME ! 3 hrs of coverage , same day . I hate I am going to miss Sat. live races but I will record them .
It is nice to watch motorcycle racing on friday night, live at that:rock I already have the VCR set to record all day tomorrow.:yesnod

1 - 20 of 20 Posts