Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Latest update of my Crash

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  buja 
#1 ·
ok, here it goes....

i just called City Yamaha,

they've done the damage quotation, total cost 7 grand.
(my bike market value is 10 grand)

damages done ...

front forks,
main frame,
fairings everywhere
exhaust

basically everything is ****ed except my steering damper and engine i think.

the mechanic just faxed the quotation to the other party's insurance company. So we are now waiting........

I hope it gets written off...n i get my market value for my bike back....its around 10,250.

now, who's decision will that be to write my bike off ???
do i have a say in it ???
(since its not claiming with my insurance company...)

and if it gets written off,
how do i get it back ? in cash ? or another bike ???

oh man, im so tempted, but im so dry right now,
even if they gimme back my 10 grand, i am so dry , i cant pump anymore in to get an 02 or 03....damn....

well, we dunno whats the decision gonna be...i really hope i get the good news fast....

now lets wait for the fax copy to be sent to Todd so he can let us know more bout it ....

Thanks buddy !

See less See more
#6 ·
ya, here is the deal...i'm not exactly positive how it works in australia, but if you buy back the bike, it'll be at salvage value which is roughly 20% of retail, now you can work them down if you want to and they'll probably come off some, also, like stated above, don't let them screw you on the value, around here they have to give you fair market value which is roughly nada fair value, now they will deduct for excess miles etc, but they have to add for things like steering dampers, exhaust etc.....
they don't have to pay you the full price of your aftermarket stuff but they do have to give you extra...

good luck

#7 ·
buja said:

damages done ...

front forks,
main frame,
fairings everywhere
exhaust

basically everything is ****ed except my steering damper and engine i think.

!
Mate will almost def be a write off Insurance hate any frame damage - will also almost def give you a check! - they will try and offer less than value so as others say keep on it and dont give in.

But.................they often take ages!!!!!!! - mate of mine 1.5yrs to get check!!! But fingers crossed and keep hassling them

#8 ·
some good points made here by the other guys...

buja, just as a guideline... when i had my accident last year it took just over 3 months from the day the accident happened till i got the cheque in the mail!!

because it was that stupid tarts fault in her car that caused the accident, i 2 went through her insurance company. her insurance co. decided my bike was a write-off because the frame was cracked & beacuse the damages were valued at $22,000 when the bike was only worth $15,000!!

the insurance co. offered me only $6,500 to begin with (absolute bullshit :mad: ). it took about 3 weeks of negotiations (ie. obtaining a copy of the police statement, meeting with solicitors, speaking with the insurance commission of australia & the department of fair trading), before i got the payout figure up to $11,000. the insurance co. let me keep my smashed up bike & i sold the salvage for $4,000!!

so in the end i was back 2 square-one... $15,000 :D

trust me dude insurance companies r all wankers :boom it's just one BIG scam, and the worst part about it is that it's legal!!

just keep hassling them... ring them ever bloody day, shit dude ring them twice a day!!

#10 ·
Im sure u could go to down to city yamaha and take ur damper off the bike. Just say u need to take personal items out of it etc :)

I would.

And dont let them finger you! My flatmate had a car accident, other persons fault, and they were goin to write his car off. He argued and argued. Ended up gettin his car back, and a big fat cheque to fix it.

He then got a another car same model as his, and stripped it for body parts n stuff to fix it. Ended up walking out of it all ahead.

#14 ·
Yeah, the negotiations are a bitch. When my bike got stolen They only offered my $7200 @ first and I had put well over 10k into the bike. It had to go to independant appraisal and I ended up @ 11.5k plus tax. The appraiser on my side sucked too, I basically did all the work. Dumb tramp! My bike was stolen back in Oct. and I go to pick up my check tomorrow.
I hope it all works out well for you. I highly doubt they will give you 10.2k for a '99 though. I hope so though.

#15 ·
Yeah i wend at saw buja's bike today for him. I Yoinked the steering damper off for him.

Bike looked pretty decent at first. Untill i really noticed how damaged the forks and triple clamp are. Im guessing the frame is also slighty bent right near where the steering thingy is.

His 3 week old yoshi slip on has a small dent in it. And the front fairing and lights r a bit cracked n stuff.

I dunno if they will write it off or not, after seeing it. Musta been real low speed crash. All depends if the frame is damaged. They might repair it, i dunno.

But if they write it off, atleast u can sell u damper and mount, to help recoup costs. Or keep it for next bike.

#17 ·
If the frame is bent i"d be pushing to have it written off,remember the frame is the strongest part of the bike and straighting it will weaken it to a certian extent

#19 ·
yammie said:
If the frame is bent i"d be pushing to have it written off,remember the frame is the strongest part of the bike and straighting it will weaken it to a certian extent

you mean I could actually push for a write off ?
I thought it was the insurance company's decision ?

Well, it would be better to write it off, cos i wouldnt wanna ride a screwed up bike.
If the repair it, I would just sell it instead of riding it....yucks

now im keeping my fingers crossed that they write it off and I get my $$ back asap. cos my finances are so tight now....with all the clubbing and drinking....argh

and just a last note, I would be out of riding for a long time perhaps. Just wanna keep the money and prolly work n save up and then get a newer model bike. but it wouldnt happen so soon.
But in the meantime, I am always ready to join you guys for drinking sessions and get togethers.

Hail the Brotherhood @!!!!

#20 ·
if they don't write it off just complain. Tell them that you don't trust your life on a tweaked frame that might have speed wobbles & cause danger:cool:

#23 ·
the insurance company is taking their own sweet time....i will have to bugger them everyday....

how i wish they do it quick n pay me soon...
i need the $$ for my beer @@@!!!!

will call n pester them next week and see how it goes....sigh

#25 ·
shit dude....
i called the insurance guy again today , he said the second fax didnt come thru...bloody liar....

so this time round, we r gonna post it by mail !!!!

i curse that bloody liar.....may his sperm cells be deformed and his kids come out with one testicle and a horizontal pussy.....and with 6 nipples and a be crossed eyed....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.